Best Song Survivor: 2000s Quarterfinal, Round Three

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

What is your least favorite song?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

digitize

ONE love, blood, life
Fez - Being Born was eliminated in the second round of 2000s quarterfinals, leaving seven songs competing for four slots in the 1990s/2000s semifinals. You have twenty-four hours to vote against your least favorite song. For anyone just joining us, rules may be found here.

MOS or Kite. You people better not oust TGBHF or Electrical Storm, two rare examples of U2 songs from the 2000s that can compete with their earlier output. Bummed that Fez is gone.

I get that TGBHF and Electrical Storm are atmospheric. I think TGBHF is a finished, excellent song, whereas Electrical Storm, while similar in "atmospheric" qualities, is just not as good, IMO.

Out of these songs, I can honestly say I listen to Beautiful Day the least.

I would have voted for that, but The Ground Beneath Her Feet is in danger, so whatever needs to be done.

I get that TGBHF and Electrical Storm are atmospheric. I think TGBHF is a finished, excellent song, whereas Electrical Storm, while similar in "atmospheric" qualities, is just not as good, IMO.

Ah yes, atmospheric much better than experimental. ;)

I'm not sure which is more embarrassing...that afterthoughts like GBHF and ES beat out Fez or that songs like COBL and Kite are getting votes while the former two are still here. But hopefully the next couple rounds will see the throwaways dispensed with, at which point the voting becomes considerably more difficult.

Anyway, since ES and GBHF are both uninteresting in equal measure it's hard to know whether to vote for a song with the lyric "Need the rain to wash away our bad luck" (BTW a great way to describe the song when it gets voted off, Dig) or a song associated with a "boring-as-a-dog's-ass" film and Rushdie's pretentious and overrated (unrelated) book.

And since we're elevating sleepy second-tier singles from movies, where's HTBA after all? It would be a much easier choice if that gem was still around.

:cute: Idon'tlikeitsoitmustbeathrowaway :cute:

The reason I don't like it is because it's boring. The fact that it's a throwaway stuck onto the soundtrack of a bad movie is incidental.

I quite like HMTMKMKM, and that's also stuck onto a bad movie. But that song's not boring. :)

Is there anyone out there who can explain what COBL is still doing here?

Yes.

The Ground Beneath Her Feet, Electrical Storm and Moment Of Surrender are the best remaining songs.

TGBHF is the best U2 song from the last decade. And was a perfect way to start the 00's. That AND Stateless.

It's a shame that, months later, they delivered stuff like Elevation, Peace On Earth, Grace etc..

I finally heard Ground Beneath Her Feet and while it is good, I do like Electrical Storm better. Here's hoping that my vote will help tip the lead in the other direction like a (In Bruges reference goes here.) :D

Digi, small question... Even though kind of against it, could I change my vote from Kite to Electrical Storm? Ground Beneath Her Feet should be allowed one more go-round IMO.

Back
Top Bottom