Best Song Survivor: 2000s Quarterfinal, Round Four

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

What is your least favorite song?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

digitize

ONE love, blood, life
Electrical Storm was struck by lightening in the last round. Or perhaps it was hit by something heavy as a truck. Regardless, it was eliminated. Six songs are left from the 2000s, competing for four songs in the 1990s/2000s quarterfinals. You have twenty-four hours to vote against your least favorite song. For anyone just joining us, rules may be found here.

The two tracks here from NLOTH are great, and they're definitely my two favorite from that album...but I like everything else on the list better.

I'll toss a vote at MOS here. Sensational track, though.

COBL - Everything here stand up with 80s and 90s material for mine. COBl is a fantastic track, but hasn't aged as well as the others for mine. Its one I skip on live DVDs/CDs more often than not now.

In an attempt to keep The Ground Beneath Her Feet, I'm bandwagoning City Of Blinding Lights (instead of my natual vote for Kite). I'm okay with this as it's my second least remaining favorite and The Ground Beneath Her Feet is nearly perfection. Can't believe it's getting so many votes.

Sucks that Electrical Storm is gone.

I'll probably vote MOS again or maybe Kite, but I'd bandwagon COBL if it meant the survival of TGBHF, the best song to make the 2000s finals.

Ground Beneath Her Feet is a goner, but there really should be more votes for NLOTH and Kite Flying at this stage... And then you may just have the three best songs of the decade.

TGBHF

i think it's somewhat overrated.

NLOTH is a fantastic song esp that last version of the chorus that takes you up and out into that ineffable horizon

COBL almost always gives me a joyful, engergized feeling even more so than BD which does also....

:doh:

city of blinding lights for me, like someone said above it hasn't aged that well

The organ riff, that little acoustic guitar part just before the song explodes with a fantastic guitar solo, reaching a beautiful crescendo and leading to one of the best endings they ever did. Great stuff. One of my favourite U2 tracks.

it's bizarre how some amazing songs have been booted to keep it in...it's like having a plate of food, spotting a bit of undercooked chicken but throwing away all the tasty things instead...

it's bizarre how some amazing songs have been booted to keep it in...it's like having a plate of food, spotting a bit of undercooked chicken but throwing away all the tasty things instead...
:lol: Great analogy.

Yes, I meant if there were an acoustic version. Bono oversings the song, IMO. It could do well with the sort of treatment Sunday Bloody Sunday got when Edge sang it acoustic at Popmart. Nuanced, light, and NOT yelling "time won't take the boy out of this man," which I feel is the lyrical highlight of the song.

That being said, it doesn't hold a candle to songs like Moment of Surrender or Beautiful Day. :wave:

The organ riff, that little acoustic guitar part just before the song explodes with a fantastic guitar solo, reaching a beautiful crescendo and leading to one of the best endings they ever did. Great stuff. One of my favourite U2 tracks.

But it's kind of slow and from an album I don't listen to that much!!

Back
Top Bottom