Best Song Survivor: 2000s Quarterfinal, Round Five

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

What is your least favorite song?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

digitize

ONE love, blood, life
The Ground Beneath Her Feet was knocked off of its feet in the last round, which resulted in it tripping and being removed from this contest. Five songs remain competing for four slots in the 1990s/2000s semifinal; this is the last round of the 2000s quarterfinal. You have twenty-four hours to vote against your least favorite song. For anyone just joining us, rules may be found here.

Ugh, I'm not that enthusiastic about any of these going through to the next round of finals. Well I suppose I am enthusiastic about NLOTH to an extent, but TGBHF was the last song left that I was really passionate about.

Will vote either Kite or MOS this round. Not fussed which of them perishes.

City Of Blinding Lights. if that stays and Kite is kicked out then it won't be funny anymore

Lesson 101 on how to poop up a perfectly decent song: construe a completely unnecessary, asinine outro referencing hip hop, big cars and new media :doh: :huh: :doh: :huh:

hmm, now I'm really not sure what to vote for..I'm a bit indifferent towards Kite, COBL and BD. As long as MOS and NLOTH go through I'm fine..

Well, Beautiful Day and MOS made it, so that's good.

Kite and COBL are both tracks with decent studio versions and AWESOME live versions. I'll go with COBL because a tie would be amusing.

Like U2 did when they introduced us to the first notes of Beautiful Day, Interference has left behind GBHF, a transitional song for U2 and one of their worst of the 00's, and now we're left with what is clearly their best, MOS, and some other very strong tracks.

Obviously MOS should prevail, but it's very difficult to choose among these others, they're all quite good. It's not that they can't be ranked, but there's no joy in voting off a song you really like just because you like another slightly more.

Hmmmm. Difficult choice. I'll may just look at how others are voting and vote with the individual whose opinion I respect most.

COBL. I don't dislike the song one bit, but it just sounds a little forced. I remember hearing it for the first time and being very turned off by the "oh. you. look. so. beautiful..." part. It took me a long time to get past that hunk of cheese. On the other hand, Kite to me feels much more organic.

COBL was the third U2 song that I heard (consciously knowing that it was U2), but the first that I really loved. I still think that it's a fantastic song, and it will always be special to me partially because it really made me a U2 fan.

Kite's time has come once again...

There's also no way that No Line on the Horizon should outlast City of Blinding Lights. I enjoy the former, but the latter is truly a classic U2 song.

COBL was the third U2 song that I heard (consciously knowing that it was U2), but the first that I really loved. I still think that it's a fantastic song, and it will always be special to me partially because it really made me a U2 fan.

It was the first I fell in love with too. :up:

Woah woah owah, wtf just happened? :uhoh: Last time I checked Kite was miles ahead of COBL, and now the tables have turned?

Well, that's made the "Kite or MOS?" decision easy. I don't mean to suggest I dislike Kite, since it's easily one of the best on ATYCLB (not hard), but there is no way a song with such a horribly fake string intro or an outro so painfully dated it was archaic and awkward when the song was first released should progress in lieu of COBL.

Glad I could contribute to this turnaround. I love both tracks, but it might as well be entertaining in the meantime.

i guess my MOS won't mean much....
there are 2 lines in Kite that i really love....
while i also enjoy the rest of the song

While i'd say overall maaaaybe MOS is better
than BD- except there are so different
....the "infectious" joy of BD overrules that for me

on the other hand the joyous part of COBL is
stronger to me that BD

so hands off COBL :angry:

:wink:

A few more votes for COBL and we finally get rid of it. You can do it Interference.:up:

So Kite was actually eliminated by a score of 19-18, right?

Hope so.

However, I propose that if the vote-changing results in a tie, we stick with the original result rather than dithering around with a tie-breaker round. Let's be honest - whichever one of these two songs progresses will probably not last long in the 90s/00s finals.

Back
Top Bottom