Best Song Survivor: 2000s Miscellaneous Round

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

What are your FAVORITE songs?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

digitize

ONE love, blood, life
In No Line on the Horizon's final round, Breathe took its last breath and perished, leaving Moment of Surrender, No Line on the Horizon, and Fez - Being Born to represent No Line on the Horizon in the 2000s quarterfinal round. Now, to determine the last two participants in the 2000s quarterfinal round, it is time for the 2000s non-album round. The rules are different for this round than for most rounds. VOTE FOR YOUR FAVORITE SONGS IN THIS ROUND. I won't dictate how many, but my recommendation would be a maximum of five. There is a tradeoff; if you vote for more songs, the power of each of your votes is dampened, but if you vote for fewer songs, you get to spread your influence less far. The two highest-ranked songs in this round will progress to quarterfinals. It is intentional that the unreleased songs from the 360 Tour are not on this list; only officially released songs count. I am leaving Mercy out, as well. It has technically seen an official release, but not in studio, and most people here consider the unreleased version to be superior anyway (and would likely vote based off of it). For anyone just joining us, rules may be found here. Also, NO VOTE CHANGING IN THIS ROUND.

Voting for Stateless, Electrical Storm, Smile, Window in the Skies, No Line 2, and Soon.
There are a couple more pretty good ones too, but I guess I'll only vote 6.
Though I suppose the the snooze at the end of some copies of ATYCLB will go through anyway. :yawn:

A lot of decent choices here, but I picked six as well.

TGBHF, Electrical Storm, Smile, and Winter were shoo-ins for me. Otherwise, I threw in AYGWF and Big Girls are Best. Could interchange those with others, depending on the mood.

NLOTH2, The Ground Beneath Her Feet, and Electrical Storm. Almost added Window In The Skies, but didn't.

The worst selection yet to choose from here. A fair bit of dross.

I've gone for Stateless as it's one of the best things they've done and I'd rate TGBHF even higher.

Electrical Storm, Winter, Soon and Fast Cars are also excellent. I don't really like any of the others.

Stateless could actually have a good chance at beating TGBHF. :hmm:

:hmm: A lot of people kick The Wanderer out because of the presence of a guest artist, and it not being exclusively U2 involved. The same should apply with The Ground Beneath Her Feet then. Non-U2 lyrics. :wink:

C'mon Stateless!! :up:

Surprised "Soon" has so many.

Flower Child is underrated. Don't think it should move on or anything, just saying. Its amazing they could "discard" some of these good songs that would make albums for others.

:hmm: A lot of people kick The Wanderer out because of the presence of a guest artist, and it not being exclusively U2 involved. The same should apply with The Ground Beneath Her Feet then. Non-U2 lyrics. :wink:

Perhaps, but someone had to come up with the vocal melody and music for it! :wink:

Far too many votes for the reject NLOTH. Voted for Winter, Summer Rain, Stateless, Are You Gonna Wait Forever?

I wish Summer Rain had more votes :(

Fez survived? Good job, Interference.

For this round:

The Ground Beneath Her Feet - easily one of the best songs the band has done post-Pop.
Electrical Storm - see above. My comments mainly apply to the original and demo versions, not that silly, neutered William Orbit Mix.
Smile - how the fuck did this beautiful song not make HTDAAB? Better than literally anything on the album (with the possible exception of COBL).
Native Son - kicks the shit out of Vertigo.
NLOTH II - the best rocker of the 2000s and much better than the album version.

Was very tempted to throw votes at Flower Child, Summer Rain, and Fast Cars, but held off. They are good, but not quite as good as the aforementioned five.

Stunned that dross like WITS, Viva La Vida Winter, and Soon are getting so many votes. Especially Soon. It's such an inconsequential bit of nothing that I thought it would go the way of J. Swallow and 4th of July.

I'm disgusted that there are as about as many votes for Big Girls Are Best and for Hands as there are for the likes of Love You Like Mad, Flower Child, Always, and especially Native Son. I really don't understand how Soon has twice as many votes as Native Son. Sure, 360 memories still hold a lot of sway right now, but does anybody seriously think that little introductory interlude is better than Native Son/Vertigo?

I don't like Love You Like Mad, Flower Child or Always. I really very strongly dislike them.

But I didn't vote for Big Girls or Hands (although I like Hands).

Back
Top Bottom