Best Song Survivor: 2000s Miscellaneous Round

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

What are your FAVORITE songs?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Native Son, Levitate, WITS & LYLM

Sometimes its the whole song or some part of a song tht is so strong to me it'll be higher that a overall good, very good song.

I love Vertigo but I think Native Son is even better! Stronger. Different type subject matter, too.
Right now all i can remember is some really interesting music in Levitate but it was enough to bring it higher.
I love the LYLM chorus.... nothing unusual but flat out fun Rock & Roll -not sure right if it's an ironic, or true chorus bc can't remember the rest of the lyrics. :lol: :der:
Probably the WITS Video which i love influenced my choice- together they are just wonderful!

Because of my intermittent net time-- i'd forgot over long periods to listen to the tracks i don't know/have on YT! I did for some, but all.

i think :)uhoh:) that TGBHF is rather over-rated as a "great" song.

Never impressed by Summer Rain or Winter. Flower Child, Fast Cars, BGAB are OK.
Like but don't love X&W, TGBHF, ES, THTBA.
Don't know if I've ever heard Smile or AYGWF so can't vote either way.
Stateless I'm almost 99.9% sure I've never heard it -- so i'm now very curious to hear it! :)
Tomorrow I should have good Net Acess so i'm gonna go listen to most of these ESP Stateless! :lol:

Soon-- I love the melody, music, atmospherics and the singing/hamonizing!
BUT it's one of those infrequent times where the philosophy expressed in the lyrics i can't quite agree with fully. Since it's something I have strong opinions about i can't go with it.

cobl4 --surely you've heard Soon either from Rose Bowl DVD or on YT from the 09 tour part?

Remember when this forum thought Xanax and Wine was better than Fast Cars? How times have changed.

I really don't understand how Soon has twice as many votes as Native Son. Sure, 360 memories still hold a lot of sway right now, but does anybody seriously think that little introductory interlude is better than Native Son/Vertigo?
Yes.

Depends on my mood with that one. Sometimes I want to hear a rocker and X&W really hits the spot.

I missed this, but I'm glad Electrical Storm made the cut. It's one of their best of the last decades. And I hold a soft spot for Hands That Built America.

What is Soon and where did it come from? I think that's the only one I've never heard. And I really don't remember what Ground Beneath Her Feet sounds like, but I guess I should give it another listen if everyone around here likes it so much!

I'm disgusted that there are as about as many votes for Big Girls Are Best and for Hands as there are for the likes of Love You Like Mad, Flower Child, Always, and especially Native Son. I really don't understand how Soon has twice as many votes as Native Son. Sure, 360 memories still hold a lot of sway right now, but does anybody seriously think that little introductory interlude is better than Native Son/Vertigo?

Vertigo, no. Native Son, hell yes! Vertigo doesn't even enter into it anyway....so I'll just say that I've always loved Big Girls Are Best and Flower Child. Native Son and especially Always can sod off though

Glad to see Window in the Skies getting a little bit of love around here. I love the song...It only suffers from the horrendous Bomb era production IMO.

I came across video last night..larry's drumming sounds great! I'd like to see this song broken out live on occasion. U2 - Window In The Skies - Live Hawaii (2006/12/09) - YouTube

I agree re Window in the Skies - great song - but don't agree re the bad production. Sounds good to my ears. Bring on more Rick Rubin!

the single mix of WITS is much, much better than the U218 version. I can't listen to that one.

Back
Top Bottom