Best Song Survivor: 1990s Quarterfinal, Round Six

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

What is your least favorite song?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

digitize

ONE love, blood, life
Your Blue Room was eliminated by the blue crack in the last round, leaving me quite blue. However, I'll cut my mourning short to begin the final round of the 1990s quarterfinal. Ten songs are competing for nine slots in the 1990s/2000s semifinal. You have 24 hours to vote for your least favorite song, the next song to be eliminated from this contest. For anyone just joining us, rules may be found here.

Dig, you never responded to my excellent and thoughtful post, full of helpful suggestions, on starting a best live versions poll.

I'm sure it was just an oversight, but could you please see to that now? Thanks!

Dig, you never responded to my excellent and thoughtful post, full of helpful suggestions, on starting a best live versions poll.

I'm sure it was just an oversight, but could you please see to that now? Thanks!

I read it, and it made sense, but I don't really have any interest in running it myself, or planning it (not because it's a bad idea, but because I've already run two song-ranking series in one year). There are plenty of capable hands for such handling a live versions poll. My only request would be that it not run in parallel with this, although obviously there's nothing I can do to stop it, and I won't throw a fit or anything if it does run in parallel.

I read it, and it made sense, but I don't really have any interest in running it myself, or planning it (not because it's a bad idea, but because I've already run two song-ranking series in one year). There are plenty of capable hands for such handling a live versions poll. My only request would be that it not run in parallel with this, although obviously there's nothing I can do to stop it, and I won't throw a fit or anything if it does run in parallel.

Obviously, there couldn't be two polls running at once, and in any event, I wouldn't do it, I don't have the mental faculty to take on such a task.

So the votes right now are for Zooropa, Lemon and One? Are you kidding me?
Leaning towards Mofo, but I'll hold my vote for now. I may abstain altogether.

Zooooropaaa. Out of all the songs left, it was weaksauce live. The most overrated U2 song ever IMHO (*ducks and runs for cover*).

Mofo. Have to be in the mood to listen to that one. The others I just listen to more often.

Save Zooropa!!! My favorite on this list.

One.

Can't believe the song with U2's best lyrics since The Joshua Tree (hyperbole!) is on the chopping block. Save Lemon!

Good God, my only chance to save Lemon is to vote against One? That's a terrible choice to make.

I can't bring myself to vote for either One or Lemon. I don't think either of them would get so many votes if the results were hidden, but anyway.

I'm voting for Mofo on principle. Great as it may be, it is outshined by every song on the list.

I don't think either of them would get so many votes if the results were hidden

Yes. That is the problem with this whole voting system! I wish people would just vote off THEIR personal least favourite song and not gang vote simply to counter-balance the song that seems to be getting the most votes, hence changing the natural outcome of the vote.

Yes. That is the problem with this whole voting system! I wish people would just vote off THEIR personal least favourite song and not gang vote simply to counter-balance the song that seems to be getting the most votes, hence changing the natural outcome of the vote.

Yeah I agree. People bandwagon way too quickly. I love every song still on the list so it's hard to vote. Will Ultraviolet(which I love), MOFO,, or Gone seriously outlast One? One is one of the most definitive, emotional, meaningful, acclaimed songs U2 has ever written.

I will not vote against Lemon.
I will not vote against One.
It is a terrible thing that they are the two dying. Two of U2's best.

Mofo, great as it is, is the weakest here.

I held my nose and voted for One to save Lemon, but it didn't feel good to vote against One. I love One, but I also feel that Lemon, as one of U2's most avante-garde-ish pieces this side of Passengers, is not really appreciated enough. I hope it finds its way back into the live set one of these days.

I won't be mad if One wins though.

Yeah I agree. People bandwagon way too quickly. I love every song still on the list so it's hard to vote. Will Ultraviolet(which I love), MOFO,, or Gone seriously outlast One? One is one of the most definitive, emotional, meaningful, acclaimed songs U2 has ever written.

I wouldn't be bandwagoning anyone. :shrug: I truly think One is the weakest song here. And that it's very, very overrated.

I don't think One is U2's holy grail by a long stretch. The notion that Ultraviolet, Gone, Stay and whatnot are better though .,.
One would need to be quite obtuse.

Oh man, it's going to be sweet if all three Zooropa tracks make it.

But I refuse to vote for One.

Back
Top Bottom