Best Song Survivor: 1990s Quarterfinal, Round Six

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

What is your least favorite song?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
That song slept with my mom.

:lol:

BUt yeah, I agree with Ax. I don't care how 'important' One was for U2's history. For me, I'm voting for the songs I love and against the ones I don't like. And with this group of songs, One is simply my least favourite song to listen to. I'm not denying its importance for the band or whatever, I just think it's an overrated mediocre song that doesn't even come near my top 20 of favourite U2 songs. I prefer all of AB to it except for TTTYAATW.

Hilarious that people who claim to vote only based on artistic merits are some of the same people who've openly said they're voting one way to "save" a particular song. Guess what...if you're strategic voting (and almost everyone on here does), you're not voting solely on the artistic merits.

Most rounds almost always come down to two songs slugging it out. Odd that most of the votes usually gravitate towards one or the other of those songs, especially in later voting. Nah...must be just a coincidence.

Some sociology Ph.D should really write a paper on all this. The Hive never disappoints. :)

I'd like to change my vote to nothing at all, please. I said earlier that it didn't feel good voting against One, and the truth is that I love all of these songs and don't wish to vote against any of them.

Your vote shall be disappeared.

Hilarious that people who claim to vote only based on artistic merits are some of the same people who've openly said they're voting one way to "save" a particular song. Guess what...if you're strategic voting (and almost everyone on here does), you're not voting solely on the artistic merits.

Well, to be fair, voting to "save a song" and voting on "artistic merits" aren't wholly incompatible. When people vote strategically, they generally see it as a choice between the two songs getting the most votes and vote for the one with less perceived artistic merit (I'd argue that it's probably nearly impossible to do this as if in a vacuum, without subconsciously taking anything else into effect, but that's another story). What I'm getting criticized for is considering voting (openly) differently than "artistic merit in a vacuum" to differentiate between the two songs with the most votes.

Most rounds almost always come down to two songs slugging it out. Odd that most of the votes usually gravitate towards one or the other of those songs, especially in later voting. Nah...must be just a coincidence.

Some sociology Ph.D should really write a paper on all this. The Hive never disappoints. :)
and yet you make post after post in these threads, never actually voting ever.

Any psychology PhDs interested in writing a paper on the psychological health of those repeatedly pitting themselves against imaginary groups of adversaries, combined with persecutory delusional undertones and narcissistic overtones?

What I really don't get is that Nick voted in the last round of Pop and the first round of ATYCLB, but none of the nineties quarter finals in between despite being such a prominent presence in the threads. The intensity of finals voting is just too much?

Back
Top Bottom