Best Song Survivor: 1990s/2000s Semifinal, Round Five

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

What is your least favorite song?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

digitize

ONE love, blood, life
Moment of Surrender was forced to... uhh, surrender, in the last round. We are now left with nine songs in the 1990s/2000s semifinals, all of which are from the 1990s. Yep... the first four songs to be eliminated were the four songs from the 2000s. You have twenty-four hours to vote against your least favorite song. For anyone just joining us, rules may be found here.

Gone

and because my spotty net conection i ended up post the below just after the last poll closed I'm reposting it

Originally Posted by OpenG180
The last 00's remaining song is ready to go.
As it should be.
[/COLOR]

As it should be....? :eyebrow:
Why do you have such a hate for their '00's work OpenG ?

There are songs in each decade that I think are.... meh, i like, i reallly like, i love and I ZOMG for.

I could see maybe if you were loving the 80's work and hating alot/allof the
90's and 00's work. Though I also see elements of their 80's work in their 00's output, and maaaaybe some 90's in their 00's- that I'd have to think about way more.

Hey i'm not a trained musician but i had at least one music apprication course in HS and college (we even had to make a music concrete snippet as an assignment) , plus i've been reading reviews of music live and recorded for decades. I have a electric guitar that i have to play more. I'd have a bass gutair if I had lots of extra money for a good while.

I see a lot of variety in their 00's work -maybe because I appreciate shades of variety at finer increments than some others- especially[/] the range of variety in NLOTH.

And Axver....
Really enjoyed hearing HMTMKMKM live for the first time during 360, it already was a kick-butt winner on record but I'm suprised you seem rate MOS & UV so much lower?

UV was one of my Meh songs from practically the get go (been a fan since 80/81). I finally appreciated it Live in '09 360. Very glad I did get to hear it.

And MOS I've given my reasons in earlier poll thread already why it really is quite a good, maybe excellent song. AND that there are songs for me on NLOTH I find superb, better than MOS for various reasons.

Sort of like I understand why Picasso is a genius, but I'm not his biggest fan! :lol:
I have been specially trained in art from JHS, HS, Art College and furtrher classes, resding and art viewing.
And I enjoy many periods of art from classicial to abstraction to much fom around the world.
Sort of like my musical tastes though I have favorites in art as well in music. :D

Ultra Violet is so drastically weaker than the rest of the songs here it's not funny.

Don't you people dare touch Gone. Best U2 song of the nineties.

Been voting for the same song in every round and will continue until it leaves because it is genuinely my least favorite song here.

But really, excluding an entire decade by voting out all the 00's songs makes me realize just what a narrow group of voters are voting here.

Yeah, the 00s output was stunningly weaker than the rest of what was here.

Yeah, the 00s output was stunningly weaker than the rest of what was here.

Or not. How exactly are these polls all that different than the singles chart?

Smaller sample size, no doubt, but it's the same idea.

You wouldn't accept a person saying U2's best song was the best performer on some singles chart. Would you?

Of course you wouldn't.

Or not. How exactly are these polls all that different than the singles chart?

Smaller sample size, no doubt, but it's the same idea.

You wouldn't accept a person saying U2's best song was the best performer on some singles chart. Would you?

Of course you wouldn't.

What the hell are you even talking about?

He likes to talk in nonsense. It gets him off. Helps him with that "wife" he's "diddling" while internet arguing.

Really? Really?

For what it's worth, though, I don't have the faintest idea what VS's post was talking about.

Been voting for the same song in every round and will continue until it leaves because it is genuinely my least favorite song here.

But really, excluding an entire decade by voting out all the 00's songs makes me realize just what a narrow group of voters are voting here.

don't blame me :D I Love NLOTH. Breathe, UC etc :)

been voting for gone for these past few rounds

What does wishing the death of a popular superhero have to do with these remaining songs?

Voting Mofo now. Kind of sick of "voting to save something" so I'm just gonna try to vote for the least fav from now on.

picard-s-double-facepalm-o.gif

Your declaration that all songs eliminated so far are "weaker." By virtue of this poll.

Unbunch your panties.

Except I wasn't declaring that at all. I was stating my opinion that all the 00s songs that made the finals are stunningly weaker in quality than (almost) all the 90s ones.

You need to work on your reading comprehension.

Back
Top Bottom