Best Song Survivor: 1990s/2000s Semifinal, Round Eight

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

What is your least favorite song?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

digitize

ONE love, blood, life
Gone was made gone in the last round. Thus, there are six songs left competing for five slots in finals. In other words, the next round shall mark the beginning of the end for Best Song Survivor 2012-2013 edition! You pricks have twenty-four hours to vote against your least favorite songs. For anyone just joining us, rules may be found here.

The Fly is my actual least favorite song here. I really want to save Ultraviolet. I may vote against something other than The Fly to try to save Ultraviolet. I'm not sure.

The Fly is my actual least favorite song here. I really want to save Ultraviolet. I may vote against something other than The Fly to try to save Ultraviolet. I'm not sure.
agreed.

i actually think the fly is a little overrated. my favourite rocker on achtung baby is zoo station, but that's just me. :shh:

ultra violet is just not as strong as the other songs, and hasn't been for the majority of this semifinal.

I refuse to vote for anything from Achtung Baby, so I guess I'll have to vote for either Stay, Lemon, or Zooropa. And I seriously doubt it'll be Zooropa.

Either Stay or Lemon.

Dammit, Ultraviolet. I've been voting you for eight rounds in a row while I helplessly watch songs I like get killed off.

I loved Ultraviolet on 360, and along with the laser jacket, wheel mic, and all around great performances of it on the tour I felt it was a highlight. That said, if it hadn't been revived this tour it would easily have got my vote by this round. So Ultraviolet it is.

Well this is shit. Two of my three remaining favorites are up on the block. So I'm going to appease mrs. tourist and vote for The Fly.

I haven't enjoyed The Fly for about 3 years :( was tempted to vote for it, but can't let End of World escape scot-free. Zooropa is the best song 'ere

Ultraviolet. I felt the 360 versions were a bit of a let down compared to the fabulous 1992 versions (especially Washington), but it was cool they played it anyway.
The Fly is their best nineties song, it just is.

Last round's result was definitely one of the worst of the tournament.

Ultra Violet needs to perish.

UV to go, easy one that.

The rest are 5 of U2's greatest ever songs, so diverse musically. Many critics say that U2's music all sounds the same, well they should listen to these 5 then!

The Fly to win I hope, still my favourite U2 song of all time.

This is a pretty good list with the exception of Lemon (being louder on the reissue didn't help it much). Pity about Gone though, it was one of the three songs on that record I really liked...interesting (and surprising) that it lasted longer than any of the others.

It's no secret that The Fly and/or Zooropa will prevail here, but I'd rank the remaining songs as follows:

The Fly
UV
UTEOTW
Stay
Zooropa

Lemon

You know what would be cool, if we had a Mos Def survivor, and Got was eliminated, then you could say "in the last round Got got got".

What would be even cooler is if I stopped attempting to be funny.

Lemon. I'd like it more if it was a bit shorter. Still a great track though.

Who else thinks of the wonderful videos that accompanied these songs while voting here? When I see the word "Lemon" here, I think of not just the weirdly awesome falsetto and addictive percussion... I also reminisce how cool the video was! I still remember excitedly waiting for the so-called 'world premiere' of the brand new video for Lemon on MTV back in 1993. Those were the days!

Back
Top Bottom