Best Song Survivor: 1980s Semifinal Round Seven

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

What is your least favorite song?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

digitize

ONE love, blood, life
In the last round, Interference decided that all it wants is not All I Want Is You. That leave six songs... and five slots in finals. In other words, this is the last round not just of the 1980s semifinal, but of voting for 1980s songs until the final round. Tomorrow, we move on to Achtung Baby. Whichever song is voted off here will not make it to finals, but the other five will. The stakes could not be higher!! You have 24 hours to vote for your least favorite song, the next song to be eliminated from this contest. For anyone just joining us, rules may be found here.

Just as I created this poll and voted against New Year's Day, New Year's Day came on shuffle on my iPhone. Fitting. I feel bad voting the song off, but I like the other songs better.

Unforgettable Fire for me. I would have voted it off rounds ago. But, I'm going to hang onto my vote and decide if I want to axe NYD or ASOH.

I'm waiting to be sure Bad does not become endangered. :eyebrow: Otherwise, I will join the ASOH vote to save NYD. (However if I were all alone on a moon I would have voted TUF.)

I'm going to quietly chuckle to myself if this winds up a 3-way tie.

Anyone who votes for anything aside from A Sort Of Homecoming, Bad, or New Year's Day is wasting their vote, just FYI.

how is bad getting so many votes and unforgettable fire isn't? granted it's now a waste to vote for anything but Bad, ASOH or NYD as tourist said.

the only thing that would make sense is the Wookie defense here.

Holding off for a bit longer, would be frustrating to see NYD exiting this early. Will vote to save it.

New Year's Day is U2's best studio track. It would be a travesty to see it go away, and the only thing I can think of as being the reason is because of its familiarity and the fact that the band plays it live at (nearly) every show.

New Year's Day is U2's best studio track. It would be a travesty to see it go away, and the only thing I can think of as being the reason is because of its familiarity and the fact that the band plays it live at (nearly) every show.

One of their best, but yeah.

I'm always thrilled when I see them play it live. Even after all these years, it's one of the few warhorse songs that they play that sounds really, really fresh even still.

It's their best warhorse song LIVE, for me, and that includes Streets. Just a towering, powerful song that is perfect for concerts. And it never requires and frills. No lightshows, no nothing, just the 4 of them.

That is fricking unacceptable.

You should write a strongly worded letter of complaint.

yeah, but then interference would freak out that they played NYD at a concert 99.5% of people on here didn't attend, instead of playing Cedars of Lebanon, or a similar track off the next album.

I've seen around 12 shows and have never seen NYD live. :sad:

Wait. What? That's crazy! I think back when I was into bootlegs and live recordings, every single one of them that I heard had New Year's Day on it.

I hate you guyz :sad:

ASOH clearly does NOT belong in this list.

NYD has one of the best basslines in ANY U2 songs, and is one of my favourites live. It deserves to be with the best of the 80s.

That is fricking unacceptable.

You should write a strongly worded letter of complaint.

:hmm:

Wait. What? That's crazy! I think back when I was into bootlegs and live recordings, every single one of them that I heard had New Year's Day on it.

I know right? It's my husband's favorite U2 song, and he's not the biggest U2 fan to begin with so every time I've convinced him to go to one of the shows with me I've lured him with the promise that he'll get to see it live! :happy:
Then... :doh:

I hate you guyz :sad:

ASOH clearly does NOT belong in this list.

NYD has one of the best basslines in ANY U2 songs, and is one of my favourites live. It deserves to be with the best of the 80s.

It's one of mrs. tourist's favorites, too. She told me she likes it better than any of the other options here except With Or Without You. I might coax her into voting for it after work tonight.

It's one of mrs. tourist's favorites, too. She told me she likes it better than any of the other options here except With Or Without You. I might coax her into voting for it after work tonight.

To me just Streets is better.

The top five songs in this list are my top five of the 80s, I guess. Probably with Hawkmoon just in sixth. Damn good songs.

Back
Top Bottom