Best Song Survivor: 1980s Semifinal Round Seven

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

What is your least favorite song?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Well it looks like Bad is safer now. I'm still shocked at so many votes for New Year's Day, though.

I don't usually participate in these threads but my favorite song of all time must not die (though it would love again. Tonight.) So despite the pain this causes, NYD gets my vote.

What the blithering fuck, New Year's Day or ASOH will get the chop? They're the two best songs here.

I'm not voting for one to protect the other. ASOH is my #1 U2 song, studio-wise, and NYD is #4.

Streets it is then.

If it's a tie, I'm not sure what I do. I really don't want to do a runoff. I may change my vote to Streets at the last second before the poll closes if it looks like it will be a tie. Much as I don't want to see ASOH die, I want to avoid a runoff more.

If it's a tie, I'd actually send both through. There are free slots in the final poll so it doesn't hurt. When there were more qualifiers than strictly intended in past tournaments that I ran, I avoided doing run-offs. The only time I ever did that was when we had a tie for the final place in a poll where there were already 29 songs (and Interference only supports 30 options per poll, so I couldn't do a 31 option poll).

The ludicrous part of that was that was the run-off ended in a tie too! I exercised a tie-breaker vote to resolve the problem. It wasn't ideal at all, but I didn't want to keep dragging things out and I'd warned everyone I'd do it in advance ... looking back on it I wish I'd thought of a better way out, but it's only an Internet poll for fun.

If it's a tie, I'd actually send both through. There are free slots in the final poll so it doesn't hurt. When there were more qualifiers than strictly intended in past tournaments that I ran, I avoided doing run-offs. The only time I ever did that was when we had a tie for the final place in a poll where there were already 29 songs (and Interference only supports 30 options per poll, so I couldn't do a 31 option poll).

The ludicrous part of that was that was the run-off ended in a tie too! I exercised a tie-breaker vote to resolve the problem. It wasn't ideal at all, but I didn't want to keep dragging things out and I'd warned everyone I'd do it in advance ... looking back on it I wish I'd thought of a better way out, but it's only an Internet poll for fun.

If I do that, then I'll give the 90s and 2000s another spot and make it a twelve song final round. I actually rather like the sound of that.

I will send it off to our company's translation service company, but as the Navajo may not bow to our concept of "deadlines," it might take a while.

So you might want to leave the poll open for another few weeks.

I will send it off to our company's translation service company, but as the Navajo may not bow to our concept of "deadlines," it might take a while.

So you might want to leave the poll open for another few weeks.

I'll keep a filibuster going in the meantime.

032111phonebooks.jpg

I can't even look at the poll now.

Kind of regretting not voting for NYD, but ... couldn't vote for it when it's leagues ahead of Streets or WOWY.

It's not really fair to change votes at the last time if a particular song is on the chopping block, is it?

It's not really fair to change votes at the last time if a particular song is on the chopping block, is it?

I'm sure that five of the seven people who voted for Bad would now like to switch their vote to NYD now that they have realized the error of their ways. They are just too shy to speak up. Digitize, kindly add five votes to NYD's tally :wink:

My policy is and has always been that anyone may request to have their vote changed up until the point that the point closes, and not a second after.

What the blithering fuck, New Year's Day or ASOH will get the chop? They're the two best songs here.

I'm not voting for one to protect the other. ASOH is my #1 U2 song, studio-wise, and NYD is #4.

Streets it is then.

:up:

ha i voted Streets off too! :D

Back
Top Bottom