Best Song Survivor: 1980s Semifinal Round Five

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

What is your least favorite song?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

digitize

ONE love, blood, life
Due to a tie, Running to Stand Still and Sunday Bloody Sunday were jointly eliminated in the last round. That leaves eight songs left competing for five slots in the final round. You have 24 hours to vote for your least favorite song, the next song to be eliminated from this contest. For anyone just joining us, rules may be found here.

Those of us who want to save All I Want Is You need to pick something to bandwagon onto. I'd be okay bandwagoning onto One Tree Hill or Bad. As long as New Year's Day makes it and All I Want Is You isn't eliminated here, I'll be happy thought. So what say you who wish to save All I Want Is You?

Those of us who want to save All I Want Is You need to pick something to bandwagon onto. I'd be okay bandwagoning onto One Tree Hill or Bad. As long as New Year's Day makes it and All I Want Is You isn't eliminated here, I'll be happy thought. So what say you who wish to save All I Want Is You?

What about ASOH?

I'm NOT voting for Bad, that's my number 2 song on this list. ASOH or OTH I'll be ok with.

Of those three options, I lean the most toward One Tree Hill, which is a fine song, but one that I think is the most out of its league in present company. Plus of those three options, it has the most votes already. But I'll do whatever it takes to keep All I Want Is You here except voting for New Year's Day (those are probably my two current favorite U2 songs).

For the record, I am changing my vote from New Year's Day to All I Want Is You in an effort to save One Tree Hill.

OTH in the effort to save AIWIY. OTH is a great song but if I had to name a fault it's Bono's screeching at the end of the album version. It makes my ears bleed every time, even on the remastered version lol. I endure it because the rest of the song is so good.

AIWIY is however my #5 on my list of 5 so if it goes I guess I'd be happy if 4 out of 5 get through. :D

Are you fucking kidding me with this shit? OTH and All I Want Is You are going next?

I'm not voting. I can't even look.

With all the votes for All I Want Is You, mrs. tourist wanted me to let you all know you're nuts.

She said if she can remember her password, she'll log in tonight and vote!

Thank feck AIWIY is surviving. :pray:

Why the hell is ASOH still here and AIWIY on the chopping bench? :doh: This is one of the most beautiful songs of the 80s!

Well to be fair, A Sort Of Homecoming is an amazing and gorgeous song. But like I said earlier, All I Want Is You is probably my 2nd favorite U2 song. One Tree Hill probably isn't in my top 25.

It's a great song, but compared to all the other songs here... it just doesn't fit in. I've never gotten the thing with OTH, good song, but yea, that's about it.

After those two are gone, I honestly have no clue what to vote for.

Both of those, plus everything left (aside from One Tree Hill) are in my top 15 U2 songs. If All I Want Is You stays and One Tree Hill is knocked out, the next round will probably be ther hardest in the whole game for me.

Back
Top Bottom