Best Song Survivor: 1980s Semi Final III

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Please vote for your LEAST FAVOURITE song

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Axver

Vocal parasite
Please vote for your LEAST FAVOURITE song.

Welcome to the third 1980s semi final in Best Song Survivor! The object of this game is to find Interference's favourite U2 song. To do so, songs will be eliminated album-by-album in 24 hour long rounds to leave the favourites to contest a final that will determine the very favourite. The top seven songs from this semi final will proceed to the grand final, where they will meet the top five nineties songs and top four 2000s songs. Only original U2 songs with official studio releases will compete. Due to dominating past tournaments and the inevitable likelihood that they will do the same this time, Where The Streets Have No Name and One are not in the tournament and can be assumed default equal #1 over and above the ultimate winner.

In the second semi-final, Out Of Control was eliminated.

ORDER OF ELIMINATION
=11. Sunday Bloody Sunday
=11. Pride
10. Out Of Control

LAST ROUND'S RESULTS
29 votes: Out Of Control
21: Gloria
11: The Unforgettable Fire
10: One Tree Hill
8: The Electric Co.
5: With Or Without You
4: Bad
2: New Year's Day, A Sort Of Homecoming
1: All I Want Is You
(Total votes: 93)

In an ideal world, I'd vote AIWIY, but I'm voting TEC to protect Gloria, one of U2's most emphatically anthemic, joyous, exhilarating, brilliant songs.

TEC...but I'm with Axver, while AIWIY is a good song, the others here are better. However, AIWIY has no chance of being eliminated this round and would be a wasted vote.

I think Axver was saying 13 in the final--one for each album (Passengers included). So 6 for the 80s, 4 for the 90s, and 3 for the 00s.

Oh but I guess he says 7 at the beginning.... So I guess he changed his mind since a couple days ago.

If I was to choose the 7 songs, they'd be everything but TEC and then either Gloria, A Sort Of Homecoming or One Tree Hill.

Back
Top Bottom