Best Song Survivor: 1980s Semi Final II

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Please vote for your LEAST FAVOURITE song

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Axver, I think I might just shed a tear or two in the next two rounds.

I hate to do it, since it's #7 in my rankings and thus a finals candidate, but I'm willing to bandwagon The Electric Co. to protect other songs. At the end of the day, I want OTH, ASOH, UF, Bad, NYD, and Gloria to make the grand final and I'll bandwagon anything to protect them. TEC was a marginal seventh ... I'd be just as content if WOWY goes through.

Electric Co. > Unforgettable Fire and Gloria is just silly.

Electric Co. needs to fuck right off of this tournament. It's in way over its head.

I hate to do it, since it's #7 in my rankings and thus a finals candidate, but I'm willing to bandwagon The Electric Co. to protect other songs. At the end of the day, I want OTH, ASOH, UF, Bad, NYD, and Gloria to make the grand final and I'll bandwagon anything to protect them. TEC was a marginal seventh ... I'd be just as content if WOWY goes through.

I don't WANT to vote for gloria, but I will for tuf

It probably won't even be necessary. Gloria is 7 votes ahead of TUF, and the OOC voters will flock to Gloria next.

I'm unhappy about all of this, for the record.

Tec and NYD I'd honestly be happier seeing leave first. Oh and OTH, sorry Axxo.

The OOC voters better flock to TEC, not Gloria. :grumpy:

Or even better, let's get WOWY or AIWIY out of here. They're the two songs left that actually don't deserve to proceed.

WOWY not deserving to proceed? That is the craziest thing I have heard here yet. :crack:

Don't get me wrong, I love the song. And if the studio version culminated with Shine Like Stars, I'd want it to make the grand final. But as it stands, all the songs in this round apart from OOC and AIWIY are simply better than WOWY.

Don't get me wrong, I love the song. And if the studio version culminated with Shine Like Stars, I'd want it to make the grand final. But as it stands, all the songs in this round apart from OOC and AIWIY are simply better than WOWY.

Well I guess I'm biased. I think it is the greatest U2 song ever written. So no one will sway me on that arguement. But I agree the shine like stars ending makes it even better live. However the album version is perfect as it is.

The OOC voters better flock to TEC, not Gloria. :grumpy:

Or even better, let's get WOWY or AIWIY out of here. They're the two songs left that actually don't deserve to proceed.

I'll do anything to protect Gloria. I mean wtf, do U2 have ANY other song with a bass solo in it?

I rest my case.

^^ the start of Wire doesn't really constitute a solo, but it's damn kickass :drool:

Well I guess I'm biased. I think it is the greatest U2 song ever written. So no one will sway me on that arguement. But I agree the shine like stars ending makes it even better live. However the album version is perfect as it is.

The ending.. :love: So simple, yet so beautiful.

I was saving my vote in case one of my favorites was menaced, but it seems they are ok for the time being. So OOC it is.

I just missed the entire thread... Wait!! Someone is saying that some of the listed songs are better than With or Without You? :|

I love most of these songs but With or Without You... is just from another planet...

Wow, not everybody ranks the same U2 song at #1. Who'd have guessed! :happy:

You'll crucify me, but I think the Shine Like Stars bit makes the live versions not have shit on the original. They overblow it. The fact that it doesn't get to a climax like that is what makes the song so good. You know, other than the WAOAOHOOHHH AOOHHHH HOOOO HOAOOAOHHHHHHHHs, but you're not going to stop Bono at those.

Thing is, Bonnie, the Shine Like Stars bit has the best lyric in the entire song.

Plus Edge's live solo is pretty cool.

Back
Top Bottom