Best song on HTDAAB?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Aardvark747 said:
NOO! Kiwilad - AMAAW rules!!:wink: :drool:

Hey Aardvark, tell me why you like this song so much, I'd be very interested to hear someones perspective on it. It might make me appreciate it a little more! I don't dislike it, I just find it boring. Please share!

And Chintito, I love Oots too, but I'm concerned it won't be as well recieved as a 2005 radio hit as it deserves. Is it 'cool' enough for todays radios? I certainly hope so... :hmm:

1. Love And Peace Or Else
2. Vertigo
3. City Of Blinding Lights
4. Miracle Drug
5. Crumbs From Your Table
6. Yahweh
7. All Because Of You
8. One Step Closer
9. A Man And A Woman
10. Sometimes You Can't Make It On Your Own
11. Original Of The Species

Joshua_Tree_Hugger said:
Hello Angel, have faith - I wasn't 100% won over on my first listen but it genuinely has grown on me. Try selectively listening to songs as well as to the album as a whole, it helps :)

Bingo. Today I basically listened to the last half and came to see how gorgeous Yahweh is.

I am soooo in love with "A Man and a Woman" right now!! :happy:
And "Fast Cars" is a groovy little thing, too. :up:

Truth is, the only song (after my first day of non-stop listening) that I find out of place is One Step Closer. It's OK, but IMO, not up to par with the rest of the album. I want to like it more because of the reason it was written, but right now it's not happening for me.

I'll revisit this opinion again in a week or so :lol: !

1. Sometimes You Can't Make It On Your Own
2. City of Blinding Lights
3. Vertigo
4. All Because of You
5. Original of the Species
6. Crumbs From Your Table
7. A Man and a Woman
8. Miracle Drug
9. Love Peace or Else
10. One Step Closer
11. Yahweh

but 11th isn't very far behind 1st if you know what i mean

SOLID ALBUM FOR SURE

getting ready to leave the ground...

City of Blinding Lights, baby! The whole song is like the intro to Where the Streets. Pure heaven. But I have to say that almost every song here is excellent. This album is undoubtedly better than ATYCLB.

kiwilad said:
Galway County just sounds like this mystical, old world area, with Galway itself an ancient town of cobbles and castles. Am I miles off with my romantic imagination?

Plus, it's within driving distance to Slane and Dublin. Where I live, there's not alot of U2 gigs! 1 in the last 15 years in fact!:drool:

I wouldn't say you're miles off. The majority of Galway County is a very isolated, extremely beautiful scenic area of mountains and landscapes. It also contains one of the few Irish-speaking areas left in the country (that is the Gaelic language, the other official language of the country). There are only about 60,000 native Irish speakers left in total.

As for the city, where I live, yes it has been modernised but there's still history everywhere. Most of the really old buildings and artifacts have been preserved and kind of blended with modern culture. All in all, most definately worth a visit once in your lifetime!!

BUT... I've heard NZ is extremely beautiful as well! Never been yet, unfortunately though.

Okay, I just got the album yesterday, but here's my ordering at the moment...

1) Original of the Species
2) City of Blinding Nights
3) Sometimes You Can't Make it on Your Own
4) Miracle Drug
5) Love and Peace or Else
6) All Because of You
7) Fast Cars
8) Vertigo
9) One Step Closer
10) A Man and a Woman
11) Crumbs From Your Table
12) Yahweh

To be honest, the only average track is "Yahweh." Great record :up:

Love and Peace or else is may favourite

but all in second place are:
man and a woman
COBL
Crumbs
Fast cars
Miracle Drug
SYCMIOYO

ah hell, EVERYTHING except maybe One step Closer - not quite grabbing me

BluRmGrl said:
I am soooo in love with "A Man and a Woman" right now!! :happy:
And "Fast Cars" is a groovy little thing, too. :up:

Truth is, the only song (after my first day of non-stop listening) that I find out of place is One Step Closer. It's OK, but IMO, not up to par with the rest of the album. I want to like it more because of the reason it was written, but right now it's not happening for me.

I'll revisit this opinion again in a week or so :lol: !

I hadn't heard what OSC is about before, care to share?

By the way, OSC is probably my least favourite track at the mo. It has a pleasant enough chorus but feels a bit dull otherwise. That will probably change though!

Back
Top Bottom