Best song on HTDAAB?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Once again, i like the fact that almost all the songs (except maybe One Step Closer) are mentioned by different people as their choice...the diversity of songs as potential \best songs is encouraging.

I've only heard the Radio One versions of ABOY and MD and feel both those can be singles (and may yet be). Cant' wait for the album (tomorrow in Canada).

Last edited:
my favorite changes also

probably overall the last couple of weeks, since I've heard the whole album, I would say Crumbs.

But, there are easily 5 others that could take that slot on a given day .

I think right now I am into Yahweh A LOT, because I didn't get into it the first few times, in fact I thought it was pretty average, but lately, this song is hitting me where it counts.

This album is getting better with age so far, hopefully it holds up over years, I think it will.

VertiGone said:
Beneath the noise,
Below the din...go Edge

MD

That bit is just fantastic..like its other-wordly or something, and then Bono comes back in again..probably the best moment ont he album! I personally am a little sad that Miracle Drug as a whole though does not rate as a classic song for me...perhaps with time:)

Puddleglum said:
I really think ABOY is the strongest song on the album, and I thought everyone else would agree with me! I'm an idiot...

ABOY is up there with my favourites..great song, fluid rock'n'roll EBBTRT style

I thought it was hard enough to choose on ATYCLB, it's impossible to pick just one!

1/ Sometimes
2/ Crumbs

3/Miracle Drug
3/Love and Peace
3/Yahweh

Shit, all of them equal third, except AMAAW, which scores last spot for me

This is a very, very big album!

I haven't seen one person mention Vertigo, ANYWHERE!! I wonder if it wasn't the first single would things be different. Personally I loved the song but I listened to it so much I'm kind of sick of it now (and it doesn't even really feal like a part of the album!!)

This'll probably put nails in my coffin - but on my virgin listen, I'm not pumped about the album at all other than Vertigo and Fast Cars. :sad:

Hello Angel, have faith - I wasn't 100% won over on my first listen but it genuinely has grown on me. Try selectively listening to songs as well as to the album as a whole, it helps :)

I still haven't heard Fast Cars, is it good?

As for Vertigo, it actually has extremely good lyrics, a real return to form for Bono. And it does rock, so I guess it must just be the fact we've all heard it so often so recently.

This'll probably put nails in my coffin - but on my virgin listen, I'm not pumped about the album at all other than Vertigo and Fast Cars.

It took me a while to enjoy some songs, like MD and Crumbs, because the choruses aren't easliy recognisable on first listens. But as these songs become familiar, they become brilliant, really really brilliant.

(Hey Joshua Tree Hugger, you live in Galway?! I'm so jealous!)

Galway County just sounds like this mystical, old world area, with Galway itself an ancient town of cobbles and castles. Am I miles off with my romantic imagination?

Plus, it's within driving distance to Slane and Dublin. Where I live, there's not alot of U2 gigs! 1 in the last 15 years in fact!:drool:

City of Blinding Lights is definitely the best. I feel Vertigo and Mircale Drug come in a tight second, with the rest of the album a close third. I could be a little biased due to the fact that i love edge's guitar

for my money original of the species is one of the best songs of all time already. i just hope its goes down as that.

Bono said on BBC radio 2 that its his favourite song on the album and he hopes its a big hit. I dearly hope this is promoted the sh*t out of when its released. up there with 'One' IMO.

Back
Top Bottom