Best song on All That You Can’t Leave Behind?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
"Kite" is probably my favorite, i love that song. live, studio, whatever, its fucking great.

but i have to say BD is right there with it. what an amazing song...ya its the big hit and first single and its really unoriginal to choose it, but honestly, ive heard the damn thing like 23,999 times and i never get sick of it. to me its the perfect song.

In a Little While

It makes me happy to see so many other people love it. It doesn't seem to get the love it deserves around here sometimes! ATYCLB is still one of my least favorite U2 albums, but it has a few really brilliant songs.

BonoIsMyMuse said:
In a Little While

It makes me happy to see so many other people love it. It doesn't seem to get the love it deserves around here sometimes! ATYCLB is still one of my least favorite U2 albums, but it has a few really brilliant songs.

In A Little While
Kite
Beautiful Day

are great musical pieces by U2.

Tough one, because I actually like several of the songs quite a bit. Elevation just puts me in a good mood and Beautiful Day really struck a chord with me as well. If forced to pick one, I'd have to go with Walk On. Got me through a really bad time in my life by helping me keep things in perspective.

Kite is my least favorite song on the album. It bores me.

Favorite would have to be: In A Little While

followed by

Beautiful Day

followed by

Elevation

ozeeko said:
Kite is my least favorite song on the album. It bores me.

Favorite would have to be: In A Little While

followed by

Beautiful Day

followed by

Elevation

It's not boring to me. I get choked up thinking about Bono singing that in his Dad's memory at Slade Castle only days after Bob passed.

Anyway, my favorites are

In A Little While
New York
Walk On (especially at the beginning when Edge is just a little flat...I wonder how that got on the album since they could have done another take)

tough call but Walk on, the middle section of "home" is a great change up on a great song.

My first U2 song was seeing the video for Elevation on MTV just when ATYCLB was hitting and it was my first so it just blew me away. So I suppose it'll probably always be my favorite by default even though I've heard all of U2's songs since then a million times. But I'd say Beautiful Day, Stuck, and Walk On all tie for 2nd while When I Look At The World comes in 3rd.

Two weeks ago I was on a boat cruising through the gorgeous Rock Islands of Palau--brilliant blue sky, turquoise water--paradise.

One of my students asked what U2 song would be perfect for that moment, and without thinking I said, "U2 doesn't really fit with a tropical environment like this." U2 has always been kind of rainy day music for me (not that it's depressing. . .)

But then I heard that melody in my mind, and I said "On second thought, Beautiful Day would fit perfectly."

I also vote for Grace.

I never really noticed Kite until the Slane Castle show, but now it's one of my favorites.

I absolutely cannot go past my absolute faveorite song ever-from any band-ever...Beautiful Day, but ATYCLB is my fave album ever as well so after Beautiful Day id say Elevation, then Stuck in a moment, followed by walk on...Again i absolutely am in love with Beautiful day and i must sing along whenever i hear it i must sing along, especially to "what you dont have you dont need it now, what you dont know you can feel it some how, what you dont have dont need it now, dont need it nowoow, was a beautiful day" and then edges finale, just magnificant :drool:

In Order...bwahaha

1) Kite (live, studio, its all freakin awesome!)
2) Stuck in a Moment
3) Walk On
4) In A Little While

and the best single lyric goes to Peace on Earth for "Jesus, do You have the time, to throw a drowning man a line?"

--i just love that line

Back
Top Bottom