Best song from Achtung Baby, Zooropa, and Pop live?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
From Achtung Baby:
The Fly Until The End of The World Mysterious Ways

Zooropa: Dirty Day (awsome zootv performance!!!) Numb

Pop: the Discotheque/Velvet Dress combo and Last Night on Earth ("you got a give it away"! i liked how the screens project bono's and edge's face when they sing that part.)

From Achtung Baby: Love is Blindness - I'm addicted to the guitar on that song.

Zooropa: Lemon - Everything about the performence is unique.

Pop: Please - It gives me chills...

(But I think this theard should be on EYNIW)

Yeah, I'd say this isn't lyrics, plus you get a larger response in EYKIW.

Achtung Baby - Zoo Station, The Fly, Even Better Than the Real Thing, Until the End of the World, Mysterious Ways, Love is Blindness

Zooropa - Dirty Day (so bad on studio, great live)

Pop - Discotheque, Please, IYWTVD

Last Night On Earth for all three...

Close seconds:
AB: The Fly, of course, and the ZooTV version of Mysterious Ways

Zooropa: always gotta love Lemon...Bono belting out that "Midnight...is where the day begins!!!" I think Zooropa live was good too, although only played twice, neither of which were full, I think it would have kicked off the Macphisto encore georgeously. Just picture the Mac in his dressing room mumbling something about "Vorspung dur tecnik" and then walking out to the screaming masses as the song kicks into that outstanding second act...
:drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool:

Pop: Discoteque. Boomcha.

Other: The current version of Miss Serajevo is lovely, but the one in Serajevo sort of sucked (but due to the situation, was amazing). Definately the winner in this category goes to Hold Me Thrill Me Kiss Me Kill Me...soooo good live, love to see them break that one out again.

~A.j.~

Last edited:
One

Lemon

And a terrible , huge fight between Please and LNOE , both are so fantastic , so bloody EPIC live , it's unfair to say one is better

Zoo TV - Mysterious Ways - Sexiest song in the world

Zoo TV - Fly - So dark it's dangerous.

Achtung Baby: Zoo Station, The Fly, Until the End of the World, Ultraviolet

Zooropa: Lemon, Dirty Day

Pop: Discotheque, Mofo, Gone, Please

AB: Zoo Station, the Fly, Mysterious Ways, Ultraviolet, Love Is Blindness

Zooropa: Lemon, Numb, Daddys Gonna Pay..,

Pop: Discotheque, Mofo, Gone

AB: Zoo Station (Vertigo),The Fly (Vertigo), Mysterious Ways (PopMart), UTEOTW (Vertigo)

Zooropa: definitely Dirty Day!!!

Pop: Mofo, Discotheque, Miami, Please, LNOE (all Popmart versions), Gone (Elevation)

But if I really have to chose ONE song from each album I would pick Mysterious Ways, Dirty Day and Mofo.

Achtung: Until The End Of The World, Mysterious Ways, Love Is Blindness

Zooropa: Dirty Day

Pop: Please, Last Night On Earth, Gone, Mofo

What a great bunch of songs! :drool:

ACHTUNG BABY: what a tough choice...ill go with UTEOTW, its so much better live than on record.

ZOOROPA: Dirty Day, awesome live and the album version is kind of dull to me.

POP: Mofo, love it live

Achtung Baby - Until the end of the world
POP - Please

Zooropa is my favourite album out of the three but (or maybe it's because of that) I don't think any of the live versions is as good as the album version

AB - The Fly, no question. Zoo Station though, I never got into it at all until I saw it live on ZooTV.

Zooropa - Dirty Day. Live version has so much power, album version is a bit flat to me. DD is the one Zooropa track that should have been played more.

Pop - Please. Popmart version, though I've grown to love the Elevation version too. Gone on Elevation tour is close 2nd.

Achtung Baby - a tie between The Fly, Mysterious Ways, and Until the End of the World

Zooropa - Dirty Day, went from horrible on the album to really great live :up:. Stay is also notable.

Pop - Last Night on Earth, I fucking love the outro solo to no end, and Bono's awesome new intro :love:

Achtung Baby: Zoo Station, The Fly, One, Until The End Of The World, Love Is Blindness, Ultraviolet, and Even Better Than The Real Thing.

Zooropa: Zooropa, Dirty Day, The Wanderer, Stay, and Lemon.

Pop: Discotheque, Mofo, If You Wear That Velvet Dress, Please, Gone, Last Night On Earth

AB: One, UTEOTW, Wild Horses, The Fly, MW, Love is Blindness. These are all awesome!

Zooropa: Lemon, Dirty Day, Daddy's Gonna Pay (not enough mention of this aweseome live performance)

Pop: Please, Discotheque, Miami (unexpectedly awesome!) I love the guitar solo at the end of Last Night On Earth, but the rest I dont love quite as much.

To pick one from each:

AB: UTEOTW
Zooropa: Lemon maybe - tough call
Pop: Please

drt4 said:
Daddy's Gonna Pay (not enough mention of this aweseome live performance)

I agree drt! I appreciated the song more after seeing the live performance.

Aha sha la!!

I'm a sucker for any Macphisto performance. Somewhere youtube I saw a video of Macphisto performing Desire. He was singing in character, it was brilliant!!!

Achtung - Until The End Of The World, Who's Gonna Ride Your Wild Horses, Love Is Blindness, One
Zooropa - Lemon, Dirty Day, Stay
Pop - Mofo, Last Night on Earth

But all in all: Mofo.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom