Best setlist ever?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

theu2fly

Refugee
So I made this setlist a while back, and I think it was just so kick ass, that I had to swear it with you guys...

MOFO
Desire
I Will Follow
Elevation
Vertigo
Wire
Gloria
Until The End Of The World
New Year's Day
Out Of Control
Beautiful Day
Ultraviolet (Light My Way)
City Of Blinding Lights
Last Night On Earth
Love And Peace Or Else
Dirty Day
Sunday Bloody Sunday
Like A Song...
Van Diemen's Land
All I Want Is You
Where The Streets Have No Name
Pride (In The Name Of Love)

Lady With The Spinning Head
Zoo Station
Whose Gonna Ride Your Wild Horses
With Or Without You

Are You Gonna Wait Forever
One
Bad

THE best setlist ever?

Last edited:
WEAK! What about the Intro? George Bush Rap intro? How about 40 to end it? Its such a random setlist too, Mofo then desire? How about The Fly? I personally think Zoo Station is the best U2 intro song:wink: ......Angel Of Harlem? The Electric Co.?? Trying to throw your arms around the world? staring at the sun??

Re: Re: Best setlist ever?

Axver said:

1. How arrogant.
2. Not even close.

icon34.gif
:lol:

Dude wheres 11o'clock tick tock and Discotheque? Add them in and its close..but not the best.

It would be way more interesting to analyze the best setlist ever ... the band PLAYED instead :yes:

Here goes a few ones:

11/25/1981 Hitsville South - Asbury Park, New Jersey
Gloria, Another Time, Another Place, I Threw A Brick Through A Window, An Cat Dubh, Into The Heart, With A Shout, Rejoice, The Cry, The Electric Co., I Fall Down, October, Stories For Boys, I Will Follow, Twilight, Out Of Control
encores: Fire, 11 O'Clock Tick Tock, The Ocean, I Will Follow

12/04/1982 Odeon - Birmingham, England
Out Of Control, Twilight, Surrender, I Threw A Brick Through A Window, A Day Without Me, An Cat Dubh, Into The Heart, Sunday Bloody Sunday, The Cry, The Electric Co. / Send In The Clowns (snippet), I Fall Down, October, New Year's Day, Gloria, I Will Follow
encores: Fire, 11 O'Clock Tick Tock / We Wish You A Merry Christmas (snippet), The Ocean, A Celebration, Sunday Bloody Sunday

02/26/1983 Caird Hall - Dundee, Scotland
Gloria, I Threw A Brick Through A Window, A Day Without Me, New Year's Day, Out Of Control, Sunday Bloody Sunday, The Cry, The Electric Co., I Fall Down, October, Tomorrow, Two Hearts Beat As One, Seconds, Fire, 11 O'Clock Tick Tock, I Will Follow / Christmas Is Coming (snippet)
encores: Party Girl, Surrender, Like A Song, 40

06/29/1985 Croke Park - Dublin, Ireland
11 O'Clock Tick Tock, I Will Follow, Seconds, MLK, The Unforgettable Fire, Wire / Give Me Some Truth (snippet), Sunday Bloody Sunday, A Sort Of Homecoming, The Cry, The Electric Co. / Give Peace A Chance (snippet), Bad / Ruby Tuesday (snippet) / Sympathy For The Devil (snippet) / Walk On The Wild Side (snippet), October, New Year's Day, Pride (In The Name Of Love)
encores: My Hometown, Out Of Control, Gloria, 40 / Do They Know It's Christmas (snippet) / We Are The World (snippet)

04/29/1987 Rosemont Horizon - Rosemont, Illinois
Where The Streets Have No Name, I Will Follow, Trip Through Your Wires, I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For / Exodus (snippet), MLK, The Unforgettable Fire, Bullet The Blue Sky, Running To Stand Still, Exit / Van Morrison's Gloria (snippet), In God's Country, Sunday Bloody Sunday, Bad / Ruby Tuesday (snippet) / Sympathy For The Devil (snippet), October, Springhill Mining Disaster, New Year's Day, Pride (In The Name Of Love)
encores: Mothers Of The Disappeared, With Or Without You / Shine Like Stars (snippet) / Love Will Tear Us Apart (snippet), Gloria, 40

08/03/1987 National Exhibition Centre - Birmingham, England
Bullet The Blue Sky, Running To Stand Still, I Will Follow, Silver And Gold, Gloria, Sunday Bloody Sunday, Exit / Van Morrison's Gloria (snippet), In God's Country, The Electric Co. / Break On Through (snippet), I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For / Exodus (snippet), MLK, The Unforgettable Fire, Bad / Walk On The Wild Side (snippet), October, New Year's Day, Pride (In The Name Of Love)
encores: Party Girl, Spanish Eyes, With Or Without You, 40

10/13/1989 National Tennis Centre - Melbourne, Australia
Hawkmoon 269, Desire / So You Want To Be A Rock 'n' Roll Star (snippet), All Along The Watchtower, All I Want Is You, Heartland (snippet) / , Where The Streets Have No Name, I Will Follow, I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For / Exodus (snippet), MLK, One Tree Hill, God Part II, Bullet The Blue Sky, Running To Stand Still, Van Diemen's Land, Bad / Walk On The Wild Side (snippet), With Or Without You, New Year's Day, Pride (In The Name Of Love), Angel Of Harlem, When Love Comes To Town / In The Midnight Hour (snippet), Knockin' On Heaven's Door, Love Rescue Me
encores: 40

01/10/1990 Sportpaleis Ahoy - Rotterdam, Netherlands
Bullet The Blue Sky, Desire / 1969 (snippet) / So You Want To Be A Rock 'n' Roll Star (snippet), All Along The Watchtower / In God's Country (snippet), Slow Dancing, All I Want Is You / Sexual Healing (snippet), Where The Streets Have No Name, I Will Follow, I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For / Exodus (snippet), People Get Ready, Bad / Norwegian Wood (snippet), Van Diemen's Land, New Year's Day, Pride (In The Name Of Love)
encores: Angel Of Harlem, When Love Comes To Town / In The Midnight Hour (snippet), Love Rescue Me, 11 O'Clock Tick Tock, Out Of Control, 40

10/14/1992 Houston Astrodome - Houston, Texas
Zoo Station, The Fly, Even Better Than The Real Thing, Mysterious Ways / Love To Love You Baby (snippet), One / Unchained Melody (snippet), Until The End Of The World, New Year's Day, Tryin' To Throw Your Arms Around The World / Love And Affection (snippet), Hello, Goodbye (snippet) / , Angel Of Harlem, When Love Comes To Town, Satellite Of Love, Redemption Song, Sunday Bloody Sunday, Bullet The Blue Sky, Running To Stand Still, Where The Streets Have No Name, Pride (In The Name Of Love), I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For, Stand By Me
encores: Desire, Ultra Violet (Light My Way), My Way (snippet) / , With Or Without You / Shine Like Stars (snippet), Love Is Blindness, Can't Help Falling In Love

08/12/1993 Wembley Stadium - London, England
Zoo Station, The Fly, Even Better Than The Real Thing, Mysterious Ways, One / She's A Mystery To Me (snippet), Until The End Of The World, New Year's Day, Numb, Zooropa, Babyface, Stay (Faraway, So Close!), I Will Follow, Satellite Of Love, Bad / Fool To Cry (snippet) / The First Time (snippet), Bullet The Blue Sky, Running To Stand Still, Where The Streets Have No Name, Pride (In The Name Of Love)
encores: Desire, I Just Called To Say I Love You (snippet) / , Ultra Violet (Light My Way), Love Is Blindness, Can't Help Falling In Love

02/11/1998 Estadio Nacional - Santiago, Chile
Mofo, I Will Follow, Gone, Even Better Than The Real Thing, Last Night On Earth, Until The End Of The World / Two Tribes (snippet), New Year's Day, Pride (In The Name Of Love), I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For, Bad / All I Want Is You (snippet), Staring At The Sun, Sunday Bloody Sunday, Bullet The Blue Sky / America (snippet), Please, Where The Streets Have No Name
encores: Discothèque / Love To Love You Baby (snippet) / Life During Wartime (snippet) / Stayin' Alive (snippet), If You Wear That Velvet Dress, With Or Without You, Hold Me, Thrill Me, Kiss Me, Kill Me, Mysterious Ways / My Sweet Lord (snippet), One, Mothers Of The Disappeared / El Pueblo Vencera (snippet)

I let someone else to find the best setlists of Elevation and Vertigo :wink:

:wave:

That looks like a much better post Ponkine. I love the setlist from Croke Park, 1985, so gutted that i was too young to go to the UF tour. The melbourne gig on the lovetown tour looks great also.
But i have to go with the ZOO TV show at wembley, because I was there and it rocked!!!

Back
Top Bottom