Best Re-mix?????

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

OzAurora

Refugee
The Sunshine Coast, Queensland, Australia
Seeing as though there have been a few 'Best' kind of threads floating about, I thought that I would post this question. I am a big fan of a well done re-mix and back in the early 90s (Zoo era) U2 were really at the cutting edge of doing this, however bit of a bummer for me as I despised dance or electronic music back then and didn't really get into any of their re-mixes until about 96- but anyway here are my top picks:)

Mysterious Ways- solar plexus extended dance mix: truly the best U2 remix ever and this one is in my top 5 U2 songs of all time- I just love how this one goes on for ages and the Bono 'uh uh, uh uh, uh uhhhh's' at the start are especially good!

Desire- 12" Hollywood remix: just hearing the 'voodoo economics' bit is grrreat. almost feels like a bit of Mac:macdevil: is showing up early!!!

Mysterious Ways- Perfecto mix: I think the thing that I love the most about the MW remixes is that they totally transform the song and that is what I love the most about remixes, its like I want to hear the song in a different way, not just the same song extended a little and this remix totally transforms the song. I love the start of this one, almost sounds like an electrified pan pipe- totally takes me away to another place:)

Dirty Day (junk day) rocks my socks
I also have this random MW remix that the filename just said "RARE MIX" and I have no idea what the actual mix is.
Maybe later today I'll rip it and upload part and one of you's can identify it for me.

Salome ( zooromancer remix ) but not 5 mins , like on best of , but from b-sides or internet approx 7min .

Lemon Perfecto
Night and Day steel string
Mission Impossible (can't remember the name...perhaps JrHard mix?)

I'm a big fan of Lemon Perfecto and Gone Dizzy Crayon, but for me, nothing tops...

New Year's Day Kevorkian Remix

It doesn't have the regular verses. Instead it has a new verse (that I had never heard inserted into the song previously) and the music is haunting. It's a very heavy remix. If you've never heard it, I highly recommend it.

Mofo (MR limited edition explicit remix)

Dirty Day (Junk Day mix)

and I'm not sure of the name, but it is one of the MW remixes.....it was a Propaganda melon remix. :yes: Very good!

Kristie said:
I also have this random MW remix that the filename just said "RARE MIX" and I have no idea what the actual mix is.
Maybe later today I'll rip it and upload part and one of you's can identify it for me.

oh look who followed through on something for once
It got about halfway uploaded before crapping out... but I have faith in y'all.

now...
Name That Mix!

Kristie said:

oh look who followed through on something for once
It got about halfway uploaded before crapping out... but I have faith in y'all.

now...
Name That Mix!

KRISTIE KRISTIE KRISTIE!!!!!!!!!!!!
THAT's THE ONE I WAS TALKING ABOUT!!!
I LOVE THAT REMIX!!!!
SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO GOOOOOOOOOOOD.
:heart: :heart: :heart: :heart:

Question. Do you think Mysterious Ways on the Best Of is remastered? The vocals seem different from the original.

Also, does anyone know what's being said in the film excerpt on Hands That Built America? Is it Leo speaking?

Oh yeah, and I like ALL the remixes. Love them all baybee.

fr

Back
Top Bottom