Best produced U2 album?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Best produced album?

• Boy

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • October

Votes: 1 1.3%
  • War

• Unforgettable Fire

Votes: 4 5.3%
  • Joshua Tree

Votes: 8 10.5%
  • Rattle and Hum

• Achtung Baby

Votes: 47 61.8%
  • Zooropa

Votes: 6 7.9%
  • Pop

Votes: 4 5.3%
  • All That You Can't Leave Behind

Votes: 6 7.9%

• Total voters

scatteroflight

Refugee
Best produced album, in terms of sound quality, best sound for the type of music on the album, or whatever criteria you want to use.

My own two choices are, oddly enough, October and Achtung Baby. I pick October because no one else will, and it just might be my favourite production of all on a U2 album. Also oddly enough, though JT is my favourite U2 album, I have a somewhat low opinion of the production values, at least on several tracks.

AB - i have never heard electric guitars sound like that. Or the drums or the bass.

:lmao: @ your signature!

In my opinion I think Achtung Baby is it!!:yes: I mean it is a clearly defined record that has, I think, stood the test of time!!!:up:

Such a tough poll, as U2 have always had such great production. I chose Achtung Baby instead of Zooropa, but only because of Daniel Lanois being such an integral part of the process. If it weren't for him, say bye bye to all of U2's classic albums (except for War). I think Achtung Baby has a couple of weak moments production wise, on tracks such as 'Ultraviolet' and moreso 'Trying To Throw Your Arms...' That aside, it's beautifully produced. Like Joshua Tree, the production team of Lanois and Eno really captured a mood, really got out of U2 what the album needed. So much layering and perfect placements of sound...so many types of sound. The Keyboards, as is always the case with Eno, are superb throughout. The guitar layering, and vocal processing is stunning, too. So much compression!

Zooropa is the one album that survives on its production alone. So many of the songs are extensions of the production, itself - which is really cool, cause it works.

Here's my top 5 list of best produced U2 albums:

1. Achtung Baby
2. Zooropa
3. The Joshua Tree
4. All That You Can't Leave Behind
5. Passengers

BTW, why isn't Passengers in the poll? Some stellar work on that one, too.

Last edited:
POP is way underproduced, while The Unforgettable Fire seems over produced to my ears. If I had to choose, I'd have to go with Achtung Baby. There's so many layers to every song, yet it never feels like there's too much going on.

BigMacPhisto said:
POP is way underproduced, while The Unforgettable Fire seems over produced to my ears. If I had to choose, I'd have to go with Achtung Baby. There's so many layers to every song, yet it never feels like there's too much going on.
I actually think Pop was over-produced.

POP POP POP

the pop sound is so clean and clear it astounds me. imagine hearing achtung with th pop sound. oh i would go crazy

yes its true and IM BEING SERIOUS NO SARCASM I MEAN IT

Back
Top Bottom