Best Of - Europe

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

mike63

The Fly
Has just been awarded 6 times platinum in Europe - thats 6 million sales to consumers, rather than shipping. I think this is even more proof that Europe is clearly now U2's biggest market in the world (esp Eire, UK , Italy etc), with extra proof in that ATYCLB has still sold more in Europe than North America (incl Canada), despite a real bias to touring in the US. At the end of the day extra U2 sales are proof that the `word' is spreading, but about time (finally) U2 recognised that the greater fan fase is still outside the US- as illiustrated by sales of Best Of, PoP, and ATYCLB.

Mike

AND ZOOROPA!
wink.gif

In Australia, WALK ON is going to get No. 1 (at least it appears that way) It's been No.1 every day this week.
I don't understand why U2 only did (33 dates?) in Europe when they're so huge there. They did 80 concerts in 2 countries, and only 33 in, what is it, 16 countries?
A bit weird, but as U2 have always said, they love America and the response they receive from touring in America- which is fine by me, as long as U2 are doing what they want.
I also don't understand why ATYCLB hasn't been verified as 5X platinum here in Oz. I mean, surely it must be close to 6X platinum by now. Any suggestions anyone?
Another thing that has been bugging me is that ever since Zooropa, the promoting abilities of Principle Management, Island and Interscope has really gone downhill. I believe it might have been because of change in management, but surely U2 would be able to see that there is something not right here.

As a typical American I don't understand why U2 doesn't play more in Europe? Many countries they only played one show or two shoes in. 50,000 people in the entire country saw the show? Is it that more Americans attend concerts? This can't be true...with the oversaturation of our market. More venues? Easier to travel with 20 some rigs, airplanes, and rockstars? I don't know. Help.

------------------
Well the God I believe in isn't short of cash..Mister!

Actually, if you really think about it, U2 is touring exactly where they NEED to tour.

U2's sales are very strong in Europe. If U2 toured Europe more, they risk over-exposure. However, in the U.S., clearly sales could improve. Therefore, they hit the U.S. hard in this last tour. The effort paid off as U2 have had their best selling release since 1991's "Achtung Baby."

Back
Top Bottom