Best Of 2000-2010 is starting to look better.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

mikal

Blue Crack Addict
so far we have:

Elevation
Walk On
Vertigo

most likely we'll see:

Kite
Miracle Drug
SYCMIOYO
COBL or Original Of The Species

not a bad collection so far!

I doubt we'll see Miracle Drug there. But yeah so far it's a rocking best of! :yes:

UnforgettableLemon said:
Don't forget the B-Sides disc

Beat on the Brat :drool:
Mercy :drool: :drool:
Fast Cars :drool:
Neon Lights

And also Are You Gonna Wait Forever. :up:

Last edited:
and all HTDAAB b-sides ¬¬'

I think, Beat On The Brat will not be included

Where can you hear beat on the brat?

I hope the best of 2k - 2010 disc includes Always and City of Blinding Lights

i'd like to see 'Miracle Drug', definitely.
Also, if I had the choice between COBL and OOTS, i'd say OOTS

Last edited:
Is it possible given U2's "trilogy" concept of album eras, that since HTDAAB is rockier than ATYCLB, that the next album will be a real rock monster?

What say you?

I was thinking about this earlier in the day today actually... If U2 doesn't put out another album plus some sort of other songs (soundtrack songs..ect) before 2010 I don't think we'll see another greatest hits by then.

You just can't make a full greatest hits album with 2 and a half albums, the half being ATYCLB being that Beautiful Day and Stuck were already put on a compilation.

Look at:

G.H. 80-90; 6 albums
G.H. 90-00; 4.5 albums (which is probably why they added 2 new songs)

So if U2 completes another album by about 2008, that'll give them 2.5 albums to put 15-16 songs on....

I think it's more likely to see a Greatest Hits 2000-2015 album

they could easily put out another album in 2007 and another in 2010. That is 3.5 albums worth, and they wouldn't have to make it 16 songs either... the 80's was only 14 songs.

Also, from the 80's, though it was from 6 albums, there were no songs from October (i know i know... hidden track), only one song from Boy and two from War. So, they weren't necessarily dipping too much into their older material.

But, knowing our boys we will probably only get one more album by the end of the decade... oh poo.:|

2 songs off ATYCLB (Elevation, Walk On)
4 songs off HTDAAB (Vertigo plus 3 others)
2 newly recorded songs specifically for the collection

So that gives us a total of 8 songs.

We need around 14 to 16 songs to come up with a decent collection.

Therefore, U2 needs to make two more albums after HTDAAB and 2011, and each album must contain at least three hit songs.

Considering U2's age and exponential productivity decline, that is a tall order. It is doable but the odds are against it.

I also strongly believe that for the new collection to be sort of a hit for the much older U2 fans, they will need to re-record perhaps a favorite song from the 80's and another from the 90's just so the songs won't be so unfamiliar for the much older fans.

Cheers,

J

I can see Ground Beneath (a hit radio single?) making Disc 1 of 2000 - 2010 just like Hold Me, Thrill Me... and Miss Sarajevo made Disc 1 of Best of 90s.

Good idea U2Soar! I also think they should include Mercy and Fast Cars on the main disc..no reason to shunt off b-sides to the 2nd disc if they are great songs IMO :)

Yes, I guess that could be justified since they were on an album but then left off at the last minute. Also, BD and Stuck should be on it. Maqybe U2 at that time could justify it by saying that it was mistake to put them on the 90s. Or offer new tweaked versions.

Back
Top Bottom