Best of 2000-2010

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Vox1254

The Fly
I've had this thought lingering for awhile. Has anyone ever noticed that so far the greatest hits have certain colors to them...

1980 - 1990 = green
1990-2000 = white

I'm gonna take a stab at the thought that 2000-2010 might be orange.

green / white / orange

My copies are brown (80-90) and grey (90-00). I don't think your theory works.

I somewhat stand corrected. What do you think should be the center image on the 2000-2010?

The next Best Of will be a vivid rainbow of colours, and if you are a U2.com member, you will receive* a special light you can shine on the cover to see a colour that has never been seen.

The b-sides disc will include 15 remixes of Electrical Storm.

*odds of actually receiving the item are roughly 1 in 100,000

To please the majority of fans, the next Best Of is called "The Best Of Achtung Baby: 1991-1991"......

Axver said:
The next Best Of will be a vivid rainbow of colours, and if you are a U2.com member, you will receive* a special light you can shine on the cover to see a colour that has never been seen.

The b-sides disc will include 15 remixes of Electrical Storm.

*odds of actually receiving the item are roughly 1 in 100,000

:laugh:

I always thought it was gold and silver too, the third one likely being bronze.

Last edited:
damn straight. a sure fire indication of the musical material within. ZING.

I never really looked at the outside of 80-90 being gold. I've always seen it as a goldish green. But if you think about it, if the 00-10 is bronze, that's basically an orangish color. I never said they were strictly green, white, and orange. I just meant hinting at those colors.

80-90 - greenish golden color
90-00 - silver and white
00-10 - something on the lines of a bronze and orange

Vertigo will be the first song.
Guess what the last song will be...

Yep. You guessed it. Vertigo.

Actually given the slane menu and the whole theme of the 2004-06 era, I'm wagering it will be red and black.

Personally I wouldn't mind them admitting a mistake with the 2nd best-of and rereleasing all of them whenever they get around to the 3rd one. I'd rebuy them, I think.

T

I would go for the colour being black, since Bronze denotes failure versus Gold & Silver. It would have to be a photograph, not a picture, in order to match the others as well. And it would have to resonate with the work done in that decade...perhaps a mushroom cloud? It all depends on the type of material contained on the next album. There are another 4 years before the decade is out and we may not even be using CDs still lol.

thelaj said:
I would go for the colour being black, since Bronze denotes failure versus Gold & Silver. It would have to be a photograph, not a picture, in order to match the others as well.

The way I see it, it simply indicates the chronological order: first-gold, second - silver, third - bronze.

As for a picture, I don't know - a heart?

Does anybody agree that the tracklisting of 1990-2000 was very poor. No Please, Walk on or If God Will Send His Angles. I wasn't impressed.

you'll find a majority of 'diehard' fans actually use their copy of the 90-00 disc as coasters! :up:

I think the biggest mistake they made was to include 2000 material from ATYCLB simply to reel in their new audience who knew them only through 'Beautiful Day' etc. They're pretty fucked when they come to look for material for their next best of...

Seven Oaks said:
Does anybody agree that the tracklisting of 1990-2000 was very poor. No Please, Walk on or If God Will Send His Angles. I wasn't impressed.

yes I do, but it's just as bad as the '80s tracklisting

the key songs were there but were are Out of Control, Gloria, Two Hearts, or even 40???

where on the '90s it's lacking Lemon, If God..., Please, Last Night on Earth, and Mofo for 2 songs that should be saved for the next 'Best Of' and 2 new songs that have no place on an album celebrating 1990-2000!

Back
Top Bottom