"Best of" 1990-2000 Videos?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

dougal55

War Child
"Best of" 1990-2000 Videos?

Hi all!

Hmmm as we are expecting U2 to release their second batch of the "Best of" series covering the years 1990-2000 later this year, I thought we would talk about the "Best of" videos.....

As you already know that there was a video release for the 1st part from 1980 to 1990 and they are very good! Especially the exclusive footage of One Tree Hill live from Rattle and Hum the movie.

I reckon the line-up for the videos from 1990-2000 should be like this....mind you, there has been a video release with the best stuff from Achtung Baby so its questionable whether they'll be included or not but we'll wait and see, I guess.....

OK my wish list:

1. Stay (Faraway So Close)
2. Even Better Than The Real Thing (IMO one of the best U2 videos ever made with that panning 360 degree camera!)
3. Please
4. Miss Sarajevo
5. Who's Gonna Ride Your Wild Horses
6. Lemon (I have seen a clip of it (one where a grid was shown in the background) but is there a full video made for the song?)
7. If God Will Send His Angels
8. Last Night On Earth (I luuuurve the sight of Sophie Dahl in that video!
biggrin.gif
)
9. Discotheque
10. One (Live in Slane)
11. Until The End of The World (also Live in Slane)
12. Love is Blindness

Thats it really and it better come out on DVD too (hopefully with a few extras like the last DVD release "Boston Live")

OK contribute your bit here and tell me what you think should be included......

dougal

Your selection is nice dougal, but it wouldn?t be complete without these ones IMO:

Mysterious Ways (marvellous)
Numb (one of my all time faves)
Staring at the Sun (Miami version, much better thant the other one)

As for the ?Live at Slane? ones...never heard of them. I think the video for One directed by Phil Joanou would fit well, although my fave is the Anton Corbijn?s one.
Same for the video of Until the End of the World. I honestly don?t think the video of Who?s Gonna Ride Your Wild Horses is that great, could be much better IMO. And maybe Miss Sarajevo can?t be counted cause it?s a Passengers video. We could ask for HMTMKMKM instead
wink.gif

And what about the ATYCLB ones? They wouldn?t qualify in your opinion? I would choose Beautiful Day, Stuck in a Moment european version and Walk On brazilian version (of course
wink.gif
)

So...do you think that 17 videos is too much?
biggrin.gif

i agree with everyone's choices as to what videos should go on there. i can't wait until they tell us a little more (i.e. is atyclb stuff gonna be on there or on the 2000-2010? my guess is the latter.)

i hope they include the multiple versions of stuff (like both sats) since most people who release stuff on video tend to put like 10 videos on like you can fit only half an hour on a tape. and i hope the pop (all of them) and the zooropa videos don't get overlooked.
biggrin.gif

I wonder if they'd bother to release another Best Of Video. Considering almost all of the Achtung Baby videos were released commercially on a video, as well as Numb.

How could you release a best of 1991-2000 without all of the great Achtung Baby videos. So who knows. I don't think releasing a video concentrating on their late 90's stuff and some new live footage of old songs would be great either.

------------------
The more of these I drink the more Bono makes sense.. - Bean from the KROQ Breakfast with U2.

[This message has been edited by david (edited 04-17-2002).]

HEY!

What about HMTMKMKM video? That one is classic!

Oh! and about the EVEN BETTER 360 degree camera business, I find it to be very similar to all of Kevin Godley's videos (bar NUMB).....i.e. VERY REPETITIVE. TOO REPETITIVE....possibly, if it were less, and had some intergration of some other footage I would like it more.

Anyway, all of you have valid points, but I feel that they would not release a video with the album...IF they do...which i hope not. They need time for the songs to sink in, then revive them in 3-5 years time.

That's just my two cents worth.

Bless ya!
WHYWHY.

Back
Top Bottom