Best of 1990-2000 DVD

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Yeah, I remember seeing a video for Night and Day way back when it came out. I don;'t remeber anythingabout it though, apart from the fact that I don't care for the song (still don't, BTW):wink:

The video for Night and Day used to be available on the Windows Media Player Guide, i dunno where it is now

Zootlesque said:

As for ATYCLB, it should've probably been saved for 2010 but it's okay, just 2 videos anyway. I only care for BD though and not the God-awful Stuck 'football' video.

I think I'm the only person in the world who doesn't mind the Stuck football video...but I much prefer the European version :drool: it's on there too, y'know.

I love the Best Of DVD. It sort of almost makes up for the shitty half-assed CD.

starvinmarvin said:
Yeah, I remember seeing a video for Night and Day way back when it came out. I don;'t remeber anythingabout it though, apart from the fact that I don't care for the song (still don't, BTW):wink:

It's Cole Porter, one of the great songwriters ever. It's a GREAT song. And I remember the video started out with writing on a chalkboard :wink:

namkcuR said:

It's Cole Porter, one of the great songwriters ever. It's a GREAT song. And I remember the video started out with writing on a chalkboard :wink:

Actually, I don't mind Porter's original.. But I don't like U2's cover.

For starvinmarvin and anyone else who wants it, here's the live version of Night and Day:

http://s8.y s i .com/d.aspx?id=270XMCYHN4FLE108Z3XRT0CRL2

personally I think it's amazing, usually I wouldn't want to hear covers live, I'd rather have U2 do their own songs, but if they played this on Vertigo I would NOT object!!

starvinmarvin said:
Actually, I don't mind Porter's original..
Porter didn't record an "original." He wrote all his songs for films and plays and didn't perform them himself (any more than Irving Berlin or George Gershwin did). "Night and Day" was written for The Gay Divorcee, and it was performed by Fred Astaire for both the initial run of the play and the film version.

Some guy named Frank Sinatra also did a few versions that U2's version could almost compare to.

Astaire's and Sinatra's are the most well known versions of the song (though there are tons since it's a staple), so you're probably thinking of one of those.

Last edited:
AtomicBono said:
For starvinmarvin and anyone else who wants it, here's the live version of Night and Day:

http://s8.y s i .com/d.aspx?id=270XMCYHN4FLE108Z3XRT0CRL2

personally I think it's amazing, usually I wouldn't want to hear covers live, I'd rather have U2 do their own songs, but if they played this on Vertigo I would NOT object!!
\

is there a vidoe to this!! i must have it :ohmy:

Instead of two Numb and Staring at the sun videos they could have added Love is blindness and Until the end of the world videos.

Last edited:
They could have had the PROPER 'Stuck in a Moment' video! :mad:

unless they have both on there...the European one is obviously the best one...

gareth brown said:
They could have had the PROPER 'Stuck in a Moment' video! :mad:

unless they have both on there...the European one is obviously the best one...

They're both on the DVD.

Thanks AtomicBono!

I definitely prefer than version over the studio recording. Bono's vocals are great!

Edge's solo and Bono's vocals are amazing in that version...i love it when Bono just loses it to the music.

Back
Top Bottom