Best Non-Album Track Survivor - When do we start the traditional survivor?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Vote for your PREFERRED option!

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

namkcuR

ONE love, blood, life
Yes, this is a third poll running at the same time! I talked about doing this poll some days ago in the discussion thread, and now it's time. The purpose of this poll is to ascertain how you guys wish to move forward once the 1990-Present Preliminary Semifinal and 1979-1989 Preliminary Semfinal Tiebreaker Round are completed.

At that point, we will have whittled the pool down to a final 30 songs, and we will have two options for how to proceed:

1. My original plan, which was to have everyone vote for a top 15 one more time in a '1979-Present Preliminary Final', and then do a traditional vote-for-your-least-favorite one-elimination-a-day survivor with the final 15.

2. The alternative plan, which I always left the door open for, which is to forgo the 'Preliminary Final' and do the traditional survivor from 30-1.

I want everyone to understand that if we go with option #2, we will be adding two weeks to the competition, meaning you're going to have to keep voting until nearly the end of January, whereas option #1 would have the competition ending around January 11.

Because the quality of a competition like this depends so much on participation, I've decided that it won't be enough for option #2 to simply win the poll, but that will have to win the poll by at least FIVE votes in order to win out. I will not be voting on this poll myself, as I don't want to in any way influence this decision, as I'm here to the end no matter what.

Feel free to post your thoughts as well, I want to know what you're thinking!

This poll will be open for 48 hours concurrent to the 1990-Present Preliminary Semifinal and the 1979-1989 Preliminary Semifinal Tiebreaker Round.

My thoughts are something decent is coming from the U2 machine over the coming weeks. Therefore blue crack traffic will increase and participation may not be such a problem.
I'd personally prefer option 2 and I suspect it would sustain itself.
And you're doing an absolutely brilliant job btw.

Sent from my SM-G920I using U2 Interference mobile app

At least manually request a change so that (at the moment) we get a majority for a longer-form Survivor. :tsk:

Under 20 minutes left to vote!

Starting from 30 is currently ahead by a 4-vote margin.

However, I'm going to go ahead and assume Coolian meant to vote for 30, and count it that way, which is a two-vote swing and puts 30 ahead by a 6-vote margin, which would be enough, by my own rules, to give it the win.

So as of now, barring last minute votes for 15, it looks like it'll be from 30.

If my assumption is wrong, Coolian can let me know and I'll reverse the decision.

Back
Top Bottom