best, most interesting U2 "headphone" song

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ultraviolet353

War Child
this is not your favorite U2 song but rather the song that reveals the most interesting sounds, effects, instrumentation that can best be heard while listening to headphones. For example, I was listening to "The Fly" with headphones andI realized that there is a repetitive bleep every other second throughout the song.

best album for headphones by U2 is POP , you will hear a lot of mysterious stuff . Best Song - Mofo or Miami .

Yeah, "The Fly" has got some goodstuff goin' on, but my personal favorite 'headphone' song is "Who's Gonna Ride Your Wild Horses" ("Achtung Baby" version...haven't listened to the Temple Bar mix with headphones, yet) :ohmy:

That is all...

...and there was much rejoicing...

I always got a kick out of listening to POP, and Passengers completely on my headphones. Zooropa much the same but the later half of Zooropa doesnt have as many sounds and fillers in the background.

here is a nice run down of the songs that need to be listened to on headphones per album in my opnion.

boy:
I will follow-breaking bottle sounds
An Cat Dubh-Into the Heart
Ocean
Electric Co.
Shadows and Tall Trees

October:
Rejoice
October-just to hear the bass line
Scarlet
Stranger in a Strange Land

War:
Seconds
Drowning Man

Unforgettable Fire
A sort of Homecoming
Wire
July 4th
Elvis Presely and America

Joshua Tree:
Exit- also wonderful on huge system at home, or in car
Mothers of the Dispeared

Rattle and Hum:
God Part II
Hawkmoon
All I want Is You

Actung Baby:
Zoostation
SO cruel
Ultraviolet
LOVE IS BLINDNESS- probably my all time favorite-it is that echo bass line

Zooropa:
zooropa
numb
lemon
daddy's gonna pay
wanderer

Passengers:
nearly the Whole thing!!!!! every song is dense thick with sounds!VIVA Passengers!!!

POP:
Disco
Do you feel loved
Mofo
If God will send
Last Night On Earth
Please
Wake Up Dead Man
if YOu wear that Velvet

And All that YOu cant Stomach:
Maybe Grace- the bass is hard on most headphones though.
New York

Most of the songs on this album are very flat. not too much dynamic.

well I am out

AlSO CHECK OUT In the Name of the Father on Headphones!

Pretty much all of POP...I was listening to it on my discman in an apple orchard on Friday and I heard so many little fillers and stuff that I've never heard before! It was so cool! I actually heard the lyrics to IYWTVD!!! This CD was put up on a whole new level for me.

I like Bono's solo cd, to hear "In A Lifetime" and "Hallelujah" on headphones.

"If You Wear That Velvet Dress" .. you can hear him whisper and breath and his lips part..

"Who's Gonna Ride Your Wild Horses" this song just encricles you.

"A Sort of Homecoming" where he soars...

"Bad" b/c it's my favorite song ever amen.

:drool:

something I noticed today while using the headphones:
walk on has two simultaneous bass lines
I also like listening for the little backwards thing all through WUDM...
I have a ton of these since I listen to music almost exclusively with headphones, I just can't think of any right now.
Pop (and passengers) are both great, esp Mofo

BostonAnne said:

:( I'm really hating this new label :(
so am I
continuous degrading remarks about any U2 album will not be tolerated in here

not because you're not allowed your opinion
but because people who entertain themselves with uncalled bashing of U2 albums in a U2 forum can go somewhere else to do so

you have to be kidding me!

you are going to through a fit because I rightfully and honestly deny a U2 album its greatness (simply because unlike every other U2 album it isnt all that good) so I use a bit of a cynical even childish mockery label, big deal!

I dont want to tell anybody what they should do, but I am definelty on the side that I think you should all learn to "stomach" my new label, as well as realize that I am a true fan to U2 always telling my true opinion as opposed as being so idealistic that I dont recognize that fact that U2 CAN FUCK UP!; it is obvious they did with "All That yOu can't STOMACH"....

Oh I get, maybe I shouldn't Rename it to "all that YOU cant stomach", but maybe I should consider it as:

"all that I cant stomach". Because if I got paid a $100 every time I listened to that album than I would still be a very poor starving Art student.

And for you people out there that feel the same way about "All that I cant stomach" or even any other U2 album/song, then I recommend you stick to your opinion and let it be known that you think blah blah blah was a shitty song or album.

im out.

if I was kidding I would use humor

if you think an album sucks and there is a thread about that album and you say it sucks: fair enough (to prevent people from misusing that multiple threads on one subject aren't allowed)

on the other hand - insistently bashing any U2 album in this forum - just because you feel like doing so - no matter what the subject won't be tolerated and could be considered trolling

I'm just a mean, little man with few hobbies
don't test me

tchlowlife said:
And All that YOu cant Stomach

If you don't like it, fine; neither do I. But sheesh, stop being obnoxious about it. You're making decent ATYCLB-haters like me look bad.

Kristie said:
walk on has two simultaneous bass lines

Crazy.

Last edited:
tchlowlife said:
you have to be kidding me!

you are going to through a fit because I rightfully and honestly deny a U2 album its greatness (simply because unlike every other U2 album it isnt all that good) so I use a bit of a cynical even childish mockery label, big deal!

I dont want to tell anybody what they should do, but I am definelty on the side that I think you should all learn to "stomach" my new label, as well as realize that I am a true fan to U2 always telling my true opinion as opposed as being so idealistic that I dont recognize that fact that U2 CAN FUCK UP!; it is obvious they did with "All That yOu can't STOMACH"....

Oh I get, maybe I shouldn't Rename it to "all that YOU cant stomach", but maybe I should consider it as:

"all that I cant stomach". Because if I got paid a $100 every time I listened to that album than I would still be a very poor starving Art student.

And for you people out there that feel the same way about "All that I cant stomach" or even any other U2 album/song, then I recommend you stick to your opinion and let it be known that you think blah blah blah was a shitty song or album.

im out.

It seems to me that you are the one going through the fit. You don't have to like ATYCLB, but respect those of us that do and don't insult it on a U2 fan board.

"Miami"
"Discotheque"-the opening music goes back and forth between each of the things, so it's like the music's going back and forth through your head, it's cool.
"If You Wear That Velvet Dress"
"Hold Me, Thrill Me, Kiss Me, Kill Me"-those sounds Bono makes at the end of the song sound even more interesting in headphones...

Angela

I'm adding One to the list. I was listening to it the other day on headphones. Now, I've done this before, but I guess never carefully enough. *ephiany* There's an acoustic guitar in that song. Never heard it before.

Back
Top Bottom