Best mix Who's gonna ride you wild horses

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Jdelbove

Acrobat
I know U2 had a lot of touble mixing this song what do u guys think is the best mix. I think u can hear edges riff more in the teple bar mix and therefore its better. However the one on AB has more elctronics added too it making it fit better with AB. I never quite thought this song fit the album anyway or U2 in a way somthing about the sha la la part

I like the Temple Bar mix better and think it would've fit well it a different spot on the album.

I have a more mellow version of WGRYWH that's 4:50 in length and unlabelled besides the song title. It sounds like it's got violins or something in it at some points. Is this the temple bar mix?

The Temple Bar mix WOULD b the best if not 4 the version used on the video.... but that version was sadly never released....

No you are not the only one, I like the album version a lot more. The temple bar mix has too much going on and I like that distorted guitar sound.

^
The video has a distorted electric guitar at the beginning, and U also hear it throughout, that the Temple Bar Mix DOESN'T have...

temple bar version is the way I think it was meant to be recorded. the band couldn't make up its mind on which version though.

I think all their descriptions about it being unfinished were correct. It's a good idea that's never been executed as a good song.

phillyfan26 said:
I think all their descriptions about it being unfinished were correct. It's a good idea that's never been executed as a good song.

I do believe it's a good song. A very good song. However, the album version does sound horrible, I'll give you that.

i understand though why they went with the "sonic" version of it though...the whole album had that kind of stamp on it...not to many earthy sounding tracks like the temple bar remix.

I think it was dreadful live. I'm not a big fan of the studio version, but I definitely think it was worse live. Nothing improved ... it was just a little different, a little less inspired, IMO. I'm glad they dropped it.

I think the album version is the best version, and it's probably average for U2.

mandrake said:
No you are not the only one, I like the album version a lot more. The temple bar mix has too much going on and I like that distorted guitar sound.

Yeah, I prefer too the distorted and screamy guitar with no bass opening the song...

gabrielvox said:
ok yeah its the video one I like best then

and in it's live incarnation as played in Amsterdam on Vertigo tour...with the solo and double bridge...remember that Miguel? :wink:

:wink:

YES. LOL....

Morning Child from the Salome tapes is my favorite version.

They worked too long on that track. It could have been much better.

djerdap said:
Morning Child from the Salome tapes is my favorite version.

They worked too long on that track. It could have been much better.
That's indeed the best version :)

Being a drummer, the Temple Bar mix doesn't work for me. Too much drum computer sounds. The raw sounds from the album version sound better to me.

Back
Top Bottom