Best Live Version of Vertigo?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I've only seen Chicago and Milan - I really like the snippet of Stories for Boys on Chicago, but Milan's closer kicks ass! I'd say Milan.

Step #1 to create a good live Vertigo: include a Stories For Boys snippet.

Stories For Boys, the Chicago version gives it a "punch" after Bono goes "Ughhhhhhhhh!!!!" then BAM!

I liked the encore version from, what was it, San Diego? When he's all "play the same fucking song again" :D

and for some reason I really love the Brooklyn Bridge version, even though there's no extended ending.

Vertigo just rules live, period.

The later 3rd leg versions are great, where the crowd sings along--it's an amazing rush. A Stories for Boys snippet would make it amazing, but the Dirty Water one does too :wink:

Rock N Roll Hall Of Fane(this one is where he handles the feel part best)

Totp Car Park

2005-07-29 - Gothenburg Vertigo and Vertigo2

In vocal performences the HTDAAB promo shows versions are best, he handels the feel part best.

Last edited:
Seattle April 25th 2005 - the sickest, hardest version ever. The first (hopefully at the time, the last, but... :| ) Vertigo2 of the tour.

Yeah, Vertigo from Milan is definitely the best version (Chicago's Vertigo, IMO, is one of the worst versions, despite the Storries for Boys snippet)

Zooropean103 said:
Yeah, Vertigo from Milan is definitely the best version (Chicago's Vertigo, IMO, is one of the worst versions, despite the Storries for Boys snippet)

stories for boys rescues the song.

Brussels. Not sure which show (if they played more than one there) but it has an amazing intro that I haven't heard them play since

Milan..or any with the the stories for boys snippet.

* MoFo * said:
Brussels. Not sure which show (if they played more than one there) but it has an amazing intro that I haven't heard them play since

Yeah it's also a great version, it opened the show and it had Native Son's riff!

I haven't heard one I like as much as the original, the only one that comes close is Chicago. I love it.

Back
Top Bottom