Best live version of Beautiful day

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Ace Rimmer

The Fly
For all you who collect live recordings. What in your opinion is the best live version of Beautiful day? This song still sounds amazing 2 years on... and I want to use it on a live compilation I am creating.

South Bend (10.10.2001), if I remember it correctly they even started the show with it. I think I have to go and listen to this boot right now :D

anna

I absolutely love one of the first performances of BD, from BBC Radio 1. Really great...the whole BBC Radio 1 set is great in fact.

The one from their pocket show here in Brazil ain?t bad either. Yeah, I?m biased, LOL

I have just listened to both and they both sound fantastic, especially the BBC one, I forgot how good this radio session was.. The south Bend boot is one of my favorites, One is outstanding..

Ace Rimmer said:
I have just listened to both and they both sound fantastic, especially the BBC one, I forgot how good this radio session was.. The south Bend boot is one of my favorites, One is outstanding..

Hey Ace Rimmer, what about the one from your very own British Awards 2001? ;) Another great set, BD along with One and UTEOTW. :up:

And about the one from Fant?stico, in Rio...actually they played BD twice. Both were recorded. One was chosen to go on air on Brazilian TV. I was there, I remember I loved the 2nd time they played more than the first one that ended up being chosen...that 2nd performance will remain a secret between U2 and me...okay and maybe 300 people more, LOL, the ones who were there ;)

follower said:
I absolutely love one of the first performances of BD, from BBC Radio 1. Really great...the whole BBC Radio 1 set is great in fact.

gotta love the ending on that one
although i forget exactly how it goes
'i've been loving you a long time...' or something like that

You can't go wrong with the irving plaza rendition. Simply amazing!! You can feel the intensity through the speakers. The Brit Awards rendition is also excellent.

Peace.

I loved the SNL version, with the All You Need Is Love ending. Bono's voice sounded great. Adam even applauds at the end!

1.Irving Plaza is pretty good as a performance
2.SNL for its spontaineousness
3.BBC, "Dublin boys in town for the heebee,jeebees"
4.Elevation DVD (love the new The Edge guitar outro+Bono's Fo-Manchu kick)
5.Grammy's (the band sounded great, Bono :reject: )

Last edited:
A couple outstanding Beautiful Days:

1. Chicago 5/13/02 - fantastic version - Bono freaked out at the tip of the heart at the end of the song - sounds great on bootleg too.

2. Miami 12/2/02 - great somewhat extended version for the closer from what I remember.

The SNL version, and as mentioned above, the Miami 12-02-01 version. I was at the show, and they played they dragged it out a bit longer with an indescribable energy. They must have been happy to be ending the tour in Miami...the whole show was quite intense. :up:

Back
Top Bottom