Best Live Moment From Each Decade

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

DevilsShoes

War Child
It can be a song or a whole concert or just a single moment if you like.

Here's mine:

80's: Bad: Live Aid

90's: Please: Rotterdam 97 or Dublin 93, the whole show.

00's: More difficult as the decades not over, but so far it has to be Slane Castle 01.

Harder than it looks that :confused:

80's: Bad: Live Aid

90's: Popmart sarevjo (sp)

00's: LSane Castle

80's (A ton to chose from here!) off hand "One Tree Hill" Live Dublin December 26, 1989. Best version of one of my favorite U2 songs off my favorite U2 album.

90's September 9, 1992 Pontiac, "So Cruel", this one is a bit more personal as I was there for this one. But "So Cruel" is one of my favorite songs off of Achtung Baby which came out shortly after I got dumped. So the song really hit home to me at the time. The one and only time Bono sang the entire song and he sang it with alot of emotion. Its a shame no recording is circulating of it.

00's Anytime in 2005 on the Vertigo tour when Electric Co was played! :)

80s:
Not sure but I would go with Live Aid Bad.

90s:
Easy to say for me whole ZooTV and Achtung thing, but I love "Until The End Of The World" on ZooTV (in a diff way I love it from Elevation), The Fly and his sexual mannerism with cameras ;)

00s:
I agree Blue Room with Electric Co. on Vertigo Tour ("Despite all my rage!") but I also love all performances of "Until" durin' ETour, Bono chants about Jesus and Judas and his shakin' at the begining of this song.

80s: Lovetown Dec. 26 1989 - Dublin
90s: Zoo TV Aug. 28 1993 - Dublin
00s: Vertigo Sep. 20 2005 - Chicago

maybe it's just me, but the rotterdam show of U2start seems to have very low quality recording. Peter swears by it on occassions as a reference for popmart vocals.

U2opra said:
maybe it's just me, but the rotterdam show of U2start seems to have very low quality recording. Peter swears by it on occassions as a reference for popmart vocals.

There is a soundboard version that was on one of the "Please" singles. Thats probably what is being referred to. I think it was also broadcast on TV as well as alot of other parts of that show. U2 Start probably has the full audience recording. But they think audience recordings are better anyway. So maybe thats part of it! ;)

80's: 1983-06-05 Red Rocks
90's: EBTTRT: Leeds 97(Bono's comments on George Harrison)
00's: 2001-08-21 London(Bob Hewson's death)

1980s: One Tree Hill, 26 December 1989, Dublin.
1990s: The entire Popmart Sarajevo gig on 23 September 1997, especially Please.
2000s: The Electric Co., 20 September 2005, Chicago.

80's-Red Rocks
90's-Popmart Santiago
00's-Bono singing Pavoratti's part on Miss Sarajevo, the show doesn't really matter

Back
Top Bottom