Best Live Combo?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

alreadygone

The Fly
where the bright lights and big city meet
Some songs naturally go together because they are either complementary or contrasting. I Threw A Brick and A Day Without Me complement each other; Please and Streets or Bullet the Blue Sky and Running to Stand Still are contrasts.

I'd have to say that Please/Streets is my favorite combination. How about you? What are the best? Complementary, or not? Same album or not?

--
It's what lovers deal
It's what lovers steal
You know I've found it hard to receive

Definitely Please/Streets. That always gets me on the Popmart bootlegs. I really wished I had gotten to see that.

------------------
Change is the only constant

Running to stand still - Streets

This was awesome on the Zoo Tour, I was listening it just today from the Sydney video and was thinking at the tme have any 2 songs ever merged quite so brilliantly..

Also "Peace on earth - Walk on" on the recent tribute to heroes thing sounded great

------------------
Smoke me a kipper
Ill be back for breakfast

10. UTEOTW-New Year's Day
9. I Threw a Brick-A Day Without Me
8. Wake Up Dead Man- Walk On
7. HMTMKMKM-Mysterious Ways
6. Love is Blindness- Can't Help Falling in Love
5. I Still Haven't Found-All I Want is You
4. Zoo Station-The Fly
3. Bullet-Running-Streets
2. Bad-Streets
1. Please-Streets

Here is mine favourites :

Last Night On Earth - Two Hearts Beat As One ( invented by myself
biggrin.gif
)

Until The End Of The World - New Year's Day

Miami- Bullet The Blue Sky
I Still Haven't Found What I'm looking for - All I Want is You

Lemon - With Or Without You

Discotheque - If You Wear that velvet dress

Mofo-I will Follow

I love the Mofo/IWF combo

But I think the Please/Streets one has to come at the top of my list. Just a perfect segueway (sp?), imho.

And at Boston 4, I really liked Elevation back-to-back with Pride. Two totally rocking songs in a row...the crowd went nuts!

-sula

------------------
~I want to play the guitar very badly, and I do play the guitar very badly - Bono~

Take a virtual tour of U2's Dublin... Crzy4Bono's U2 page with some of Sula's Dublin pic's

Sula's Europe Pics

I'va always been partial to October into New Year's day from the long ago time.
Otherwise Please into Streets from Popmart is a great flow.

What is the best version of Please/Streets ever? I want to download one, but do to limited connection abilites with U2bloodredsky, I want to get the best one, and c'est tout.

------------------
*You could have flown away, a singing bird in an open cage who will only fly, only fly for freedom*

Took me some time thinking about this one. But I remembered when I thought back to Chicago, May 13th, 2001.

"All I want is You" and "Where the Streets Have no Name" ...

Now I know that "bad" and "Streets" are high contenders - but honestly, I never had the feeling I had when "all I want is you" led into those opening strings. The crowd was just screaming the song. And then those red screens came up. Elevation indeed.

~Zoo~

------------------
" You love this town - even if that doesn't ring true. You've been all over, and it's been all over you " - Bono

" Don't you know there ain't no Devil, that's just God when he's drunk " - Tom Waits

Please/Streets for me, that?s perfection. Best version is still from the single Please IMO.

Pop Muzik/Mofo/I Will Follow from any Popmart, you must be dead to not start jumping and dancing around.

------------------
"To me a rock and roll concert is 3-D, it?s a physical thing - it?s rhythm for the body. It?s a mental thing in that it should be intellectually challenging. But it?s also a spiritual thing, because it?s a community, it?s people agreeing on something, even if it?s only for an hour and a half." (Bono, as quoted in the book U2 The Road to Pop)

Dirty Day/Bullet/Running/Streets...from the ZooTV Sydney video...awesome...

------------------
Nate

"No particular place names
No particular song
I've been hiding
What am I hiding from?"

-Zooropa

Please...Streets

There is something inexplicably incredible about how these two songs just mesh together.

The only way I can explain it is Please is the prayer and Streets is the answer in the form of a revelation. It was PopMart's purest moment.

AJ

Bad into Streets.

Best part of Elevation DVD. Hearing the snippet of "40" with the crowd singing "How long to sing this song," and then the intro to Streets comes like a prayer being answered.

Back
Top Bottom