Best guitar pre-war

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

cobl04

45:33
Hey everyone! I don't know if anyone's noticed, but I haven't posted here in more than a fortnight because my computer went kaput. It has been killing me. But it's good to be back.

Quick question - what do you think is the Edge's best guitat work of any song pre-war? And try and give a reason, not just a name, so we can create some discussion!

For me it has to be Another Day - I live the intro and when it comes in after Bono sings "It's another day..." It's really uplifting and I really enjoy it. I have had a pretty crapp week, but that bit of work puts a smile on my face. I could listen to it for ages.

Ah, COBL_04, I wondered where you were!

My pick is absolutely 11 O'clock Tick Tock live. Besides the fact it's my conversion song (along with Bad and Gone), the double solos own just about everything and the entire song rocks incredibly. One of U2's very best! :up:

And wow, Liam didn't say Treasure!

liamcool said:

Treasure isn't Pre-War though.

1. It's guitar is.
2. The New Year's Day single was released before the War album, making Treasure Pre-War even at the time of its release.

liamcool said:

1. No it's not.
2. NYD is the single supporting War, and Treasure was recording during the War sessions.

1. Pete The Chop? Much of the song is taken from it, I don't need to tell you that.
2. It was still released before War, making it Pre-War in that sense.

There are so many to choose from. 11 o'clock Tick Tock is the best but if it has to be a studio-version I would say the transition from An Cat Dubh to Into The Heart. It's incredibly sad.

Queen Bee said:

May I see where you rank those tracks in your Top 100? :drool:

I want to do a top 100 I really do but I would need like an hour to compose it.

Another Day would be quite low, it's really just the guitar work that I love. Out of Control would be in the top 30.

this is too hard i think The Fool, Street Mission, Out of control, another time another place, and the electric company

Back
Top Bottom