Best fade-in to Streets?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

AtomicBono

ONE love, blood, life
1. No fade-in (opener)
2. Running to Stand Still
3. Please
4. Bad/40
5. PITNOL :wink:
6. Or something else I'm missing...

Personally, I have to go with Please...words cannot describe how amazing that is :drool: if they brought that back later this tour I would probably die.

On a semi-unrelated note (but I see no point in starting two threads), has Streets ever been used to close a show? I think it would be a good closer, I mean, what better song to close a show than the greatest song ever? Just a thought...

that's a really hard one...Please and Bad to me are the best. But, I have only experienced Bad-Streets (out of those two...the current Pride-Streets isn't the greatest, still good though).

Running to Stand Still was the best with Please a close second

though I watched the Superbowl halftime show tonight and MLK into Streets is really cool too

Last edited:
Yahweh would work perfect with Streets.
Honestly!

This will get you an idea...
http://s22.you sendit.com/d.aspx?id=0RRSB07FAFZ45058D6B4ZA6IHK

remove the space between the "you" and "sendit" and there should be no problem.

Otherwise the best fade-in is All I want Is You From Slane or perhaps Please from Sarajevo->Streets.
:ohmy:

Last edited:
I would give my vote to the Slane All I Want is You Streets fade in....just Bonos ooooo vocal at the start of Streets really gave me the chills a female friends mother (who is a fan) actually had to sit down after hearing it and my friend now constantly has just that one bit on repeat all the time:drool:

all i want is you.

slane was good, but the performance from toronto 5/25/01 buries it - it's absolutely unreal. it's like the slane performance taken up a notch.

1. All I Want is You from Elevation
2. Running to Stand Still from Zoo TV
3. Please from Popmart
4. 40 from Elevation

I don't think I like the transition from Pride into Streets from the current tour. It would work if Bono didn't have to keep enouraging the chord to keep singing the "oh-oh-oh-ohs". If the crowd would do it on their own, it might work, but the shows I've seen/heard, they have to be reminded to do it, and it loses the coolness factor.

Plus, Bono's yammering before/during the transition doesn't help. :wink:

Hey TheEdge89, very cool idea and sample of Yahweh into Elevation intro of Streets! How about a full version of it at 320 mp3?

Bullet The Blue Sky --> Running To Stand Still --> Where The Streets Have No Name

:bow: :drool:

either running to stand still or all I want is you. the slane fade in was incredible...

GibsonGirl said:
Bullet The Blue Sky --> Running To Stand Still --> Where The Streets Have No Name

:bow: :drool:

^ :drool: :drool:

Does anyone have an MP3 of All I Want is You and Streets from the Slane DVD?

I don't think I have a recording of that show. Can someone also please remind me which date the Slane DVD is? Thanks

Palace_Hero said:
RTTS into Streets is the best in practice.

MLK into Streets is the best in theory.

True, because MLK ends on the same note that Streets starts on if you go by album versions... organ and everything...I wonder if that was Eno's doing?? :hmm:

I can't believe I forgot All I Want is You :crazy: but I like Running to Stand Still and Please more anyway...

U2Soar said:
Hey TheEdge89, very cool idea and sample of Yahweh into Elevation intro of Streets! How about a full version of it at 320 mp3?

Yeah, that's what I thought.
Shame that they (the band) haven't discovered it themselves yet.
Maybe I'll post a full version, but with the Vertigo version of Streets, now when it's availiable (spelling?:huh:).
The problem is a 320 version is taking lots of space and it takes time to upload as well... So I dunno.

Last edited:
"Bad/40/Streets" mix is good but, I can't beliveve nobody mentioned my favorite version "Auld Lang Syne/Where The Streets Have No Name" fade in. They performed it on December 31, 1989.

Back
Top Bottom