Best Buy and 20th Anniversary of Joshua Tree

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
david said:
the paris dvd is amazing so far

i agree. they did a great job of showcasing a completely different perspective of the JT Tour than Rattle & Hum did. Great stuff!

though stand by me was cut, i think a lot of the snippits are left in.. they are given music credit in the booklet..

hillers said:
Crap. I should have asked them too, but I had to get out of there quickly because of class.

I got there at like 10:10 and I didn't see the remastered CD anywhere. Also, they had a display thing for the two disc CD but it looked like it only held 5-10 and they were all sold out. I looked in the CD, music DVD, and box set aisles for the deluxe edition. I found nothing.

Stupid question: Best Buy only has a limited # of sets per store, right? Does anyone happen to know how many? Like 30? I'm going to go back tomorrow.

I doubt they were sold out , they probably never put them out .
Every time I buy anything U2 on the first release date it's never on the shelf , today they still had the deluxe on a cart waiting to be put up , they had 15 deluxe and maybe 20 of the double disk also on the cart .

Bono's shades said:

I never even thought of asking someone that. I'll have to go back tomorrow.

Just call the store and ask if they have it in stock and if they can physically hold it for you

mikal said:
Unforgettable Fire is fucking great!

His vocals on the Paris DVD show sound better than his vocals on the Joshua Tree boots I have seen.. The LA show and Syracuse NY show.

Lila64 said:

You never know - it could arrive any moment now.
Depending on how Best Buy actually shipped it... it might not be trackable. Sometimes, they (or giant companies like them) ship it out thru UPS and contract with the post office, so I don't know if your tracking number would work on the USPS's site. Either way, it'll be there. Eventually. :hug:

Yeah, what's odd is that it says it's shipped through USPS. Then the tracking number link takes me to UPS. On neither site does it recognize the tracking number. :sigh:

Amazon did a great job with the HP, huh? HP arrival dates are always happy days! Oh, the memories! ;)

david said:

His vocals on the Paris DVD show sound better than his vocals on the Joshua Tree boots I have seen.. The LA show and Syracuse NY show.

i agree. Syracuse and LA have sounded so muddy to me. it's nice to have a video with crisp audio.

the fat dude during Electric Co. makes this video the best thing U2 has ever released!

Best Buy here didn't have the dvd edition. So I just bought it online at their site. $37 and change (includes reward certificate discount + tax). Not bad I suppose but now I gotta wait for it in the mail!

I haven't been paying attention of late and totally forgot that it was coming out here today until I got the MySpace bulletin mid-day. Our bank is across from a Best Buy so I decided to rush and do a deposit today so I could duck into Best Buy and get it. :D 'Twas in the Box Set section, they had about 10 (as much as could fit in the space alloted). They did a good job with this box set... :)

I just got my drivers license last week. You know what the first thing I'm going to do with it is?

I'm going to go into the big, crowded Best Buy parking lot (therefore endangering many lives) just to grab me a copy of The Joshua Tree. I can't tell what's more important to me, The Joshua Tree, or the fact that I'll be driving.

Last edited:
I sent hubby to Best Buy first thing this mornng. And I apparently had a $5.00 Rewards certificate. Played the 2 CDs today, and will check out the DVD tonight hopefully :hyper:

Lila64 said:
I sent hubby to Best Buy first thing this mornng. And I apparently had a $5.00 Rewards certificate. Played the 2 CDs today, and will check out the DVD tonight hopefully :hyper:

:jealous:

I actually had to go to Best Buy today to pick up something else and stared at the box set..... Alas, mine still hasn't come---which means not until Friday at the earliest! :banghead:

Took a friend and fellow fan 2 Best Buy during our lunch 2day and had her pick herself up her own Deluxe Box Set!

Utoo said:

:jealous:

I actually had to go to Best Buy today to pick up something else and stared at the box set..... Alas, mine still hasn't come---which means not until Friday at the earliest! :banghead:

Yeah, well my wholesale connection screwed me, so I sent him an email around midnight last night. I'm not done complaining yet either. Though in the end, with the Rewards Zone $5.00 coupon, it came out cheaper. But he'll never know that :shh:

Look in the boxed sets display for the deluxe set at Best Buy. That's where you'll find it.

I feel for you, Utoo.

Got mine today at Best Buy in Wisconsin. It was in the box sets, and I did have to ask a guy to help me out and find it. Haven't had a chance to listen to any of it...but I'm driving with my grandparents tonight, so I'll play it during the drive. :D

I just got mine today. It was right at the front of the store, in the new releases section, so the whole process of coming in, buying it, and getting out probably took less 5 minutes. Although I did forget my keys in there and had to go back...

Back
Top Bottom