Best Bono vocal performance

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

U2Kitten

Blue Crack Addict
I heard RHMT on the radio yesterday and couldn't help thinking how GREAT his voice is on that! It is my favorite song, and I do listen to JT a lot, but hearing it on the radio as a surprise made me really think how great it was. Heartland would be my second choice, followed by IGC and The Unforgettable Fire.

Now yours!

With or Without You
Bad
Pride
Red Hill Mining Town
One
Heartland
Spanish Eyes
The Unforgettable Fire
Angel of Harlem
In A Little While

I know it's not a U2 song, but Bono's vocals on In A Lifetime (recorded with Clannad) are simply amazing...

In A Little While - where he fights his hangover voice and wins.

Running to Stand Still - some of Bono's vocals on JT often strike me as somewhat overwrought for all his good intentions, but here he gives a restrained performance that is no less heartfelt for it.

If You Wear That Velvet Dress (Jools Holland version) - uber-dynamic; I just love how his voice goes from tender croon to desperate whisper to hoarse scream and back.

So Cruel & Acrobat from - AB - flawless :yes:
( I was listening to it earlier then again with headphones on)
anything on JT too :heart: :heart:
ok now Bad, . etc....(Please - Pop) :up: you had to get me started.. all of the above also.
(unforgetable fire too:kiss: )

Last edited:
All I can say is that I love the way he sings in Lemon

and his voice on Mofo is just so fuckin incredible!

surprises me that nobody have mentioned, so far, Please

vocal, is my favorite song (both... album and single version)

The first two UF tracks: A Sort of Homecoming and Pride. I've never heard live perfomances (vocally) of either of those that I think can match those. He really gave it his all.

Hmmm, I was always partial to the howling on Bad, and angst of Bullet The Blue Sky. However for sheer vocal power and restraint in one song it has to be One. On a song that begs to belted, screamed out near the end, Bono (and the Edge's guitar playing) is remarkably restrained, and yet oh so powerful.

'Bad' from Rattle and Hum movie

actually Bono couldnt have sung any better if he wanted to than on some of the performances on Rattle and Hum

well except for Angel of Harlem, but that was a rehearsal

in my opinion Where the Streets Have No Name really sucks now live because its been done way too much that and the R and H movie is the best, and Bono sings the words of the whole song rather than making up words! eg its POISON RAIN! not dirty, or mississippi rain! or something like that!

my favorite Bono vocals (in no particular order):

Elvis Presley and America - weird song, but I like the full range of vocals

With or Without You - love it.

If You Wear That Velvet Dress (Jools Holland version) - I'm a Bono girl, what can I say? :shrug:

In A Little While - rough and scratchy

Slide Away - dunno, just love it

hmm....that's all for now I guess. This is hard for me b/c I listen to live stuff 10 times more than the albums.

I love Slide Away. And what about The Ground Beneath Her Feet? And Kite? And When The Stars Go Blue? And...and...oh heck, what about everything?

The man was born to sing, so it?s the tougher question to answer IMO. Just remembered another one...In a Lifetime, with Clannad...remarkable as well.

LivLuvAndBootlegMusic said:

If You Wear That Velvet Dress (Jools Holland version) - I'm a Bono girl, what can I say? :shrug:

:yes:

it's right, that version of IYWTVD is wonderful, I :heart: it

Back
Top Bottom