Best and Lamest U2 video

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Best: probably NYD (so they look young and callow, but darned cute, and the horses and the snow are just the best), also Unforgettable Fire, Beautiful Day, Elevation, Streets, Sweetest Thing, oh, and Desire for the sexiest Bono of all time.

Worst: Stuck, I Will Follow, ISHFWILF, IGWSHA (how dare they put out such an appallingly boring video?!), Discotheque

Last edited:
Best

GOLD-Stay (tie) One (bar)

SILVER-Desire

BRONZE-Stuck (European)

Lamest

GOLD-Discotheque

SILVER-Numb

BRONZE-AIWIY

Worst

GOLD-Last Night on Earth

SILVER-IGWSHA

BRONZE- One (buffalo)

Best:

Please, Lemon, EBTTRT, One (drag version), Sweetest Thing, Stay (ok, I'll stop now...), all beautifully directed videos that I find entertaining and stunning from an artistic point of view :love::drool:

Worse:

Stuck (US version), Elevation they make me wanna :barf:
Unforgettable Fire is pretty boring but not as revolting, same with Angel of Harlem:yawn:

There's a video for "Angel Of Harlem"?

I have not seen this. Nor have I seen the video for "Who's Gonna Ride Your Wild Horses?", "Last Night On Earth", or "A Celebration". And I've seen every version of the "One" video except the one where they're in drag-where have you guys found these videos?

Anywho, on to the picks of videos. I don't have a U2 video I think is their worst. If I had to choose, I would probably say the buffalo version of "One", but I don't think that's a horrible video, just not my personal favorite. And some of the ones you guys mention for worst videos are ones I actually love...meh, go figure.

Anywho, here are my personal favorite U2 videos:

"The Sweetest Thing"-Definitely one of my favorites. One of you mentioned you hated this video...I love it. I think it's one of the most adorable videos I've ever seen. If I ever get married and my husband were to do something like that for me...:love:

"Discotheque"-Some of you hated this video, too. I think it's hilarious, especially the ending. It's just a silly, fun video, and I think having those kinds of videos every so often can be a good thing. And I get a kick out of the guys dancing around the disco-type place thingy they're in.

"I Will Follow"-Another one that cracks me up...I just love watching Bono attempt to dance. And it's so fun to sit there and look at them and go, "Oh, my god, look how young they are!" or "Look at Adam's afro!" or things like that (and yeah, Bono's got a mullet in the video...personally, I think his mullet looked cute on him, but hey, that's just me *shrugs*).

"I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For"-I love the idea of the band hanging out downtown and interacting with fans and passerby-I think that's incredibly cool. And personal reasons for why I love this video-all of Bono's mannerisms and things he's doing in this video I could totally see this guy that I had a crush on last year doing. And one last reason...I think Bono looks really good in this video (but that's not the main reason I like it, that's just a bonus :D).

"All I Want Is You"-I like the bittersweet love story in this video. I feel so bad for that little midget guy...poor guy...:(

"Numb"-Another funny video, what with all the stuff people keep doing to Edge, and yet Edge just sits there and doesn't do anything about it, he just keeps on singing.

"Even Better Than The Real Thing"-The spiral effect, all the clips from different things they show in there, the whole thing with the fingers turning into hands at the beginning...this whole video's just...amazing. Some people will complain of motion sickness...I have a pretty strong stomach, so things like that don't bother me. :).

"Stay"-I like the idea of these guys being angels or something along that line. I don't know how exactly to explain it...there's just something about this video that makes it really good.

"Please"-This video's kinda creepy, in a way, and it's got some interesting things going on in it, and the whole thing with everyone walking around on their knees and all that...it's a weird video, but...it's rather interesting.

"Lemon"-I like the artistic feel to this video. It's unique.

"Elevation"-This video's just plain cool, what with the whole Evil U2 vs. Good U2 thing.

So there's the videos I love.

Angela

Last edited:
Moonlit_Angel said:
"The Sweetest Thing"-Definitely one of my favorites. One of you mentioned you hated this video...I love it. I think it's one of the most adorable videos I've ever seen. If I ever get married and my husband were to do something like that for me...:love:

"Discotheque"-Some of you hated this video, too. I think it's hilarious, especially the ending. It's just a silly, fun video, and I think having those kinds of videos every so often can be a good thing. And I get a kick out of the guys dancing around the disco-type place thingy they're in.
1. :up:

2. :up: :yes:

My favorites:
Stay - I like everything about it
SATS (NOT the miami one!) - I like the weird lights and shadows
One (drag) - I like everything about this one too
Sweetest Thing - I'm just a sucker for this one and all it's randomness and cheesines, too cute!
Please - I really don't understand this one at all, but it's cool to me (and I can't get enough of pop Bono)

My least faves:
One (buffalo) - *snore*
EBTTRT - makes me feel sea sick

Best- One in drag [honorable mention to the other stuff Anton did like Please], Mysterious Ways

Worst- anything that Joseph Kahn put his grubby Britney SpearsN Sync paws on, especially Stuck. The European version was so much better!

Moonlit_Angel said:
There's a video for "Angel Of Harlem"?

I have not seen this. Nor have I seen the video for "Who's Gonna Ride Your Wild Horses?", "Last Night On Earth", or "A Celebration". And I've seen every version of the "One" video except the one where they're in drag-where have you guys found these videos?

Haven't you ever seen the One bar video? Your avatar (and mine) is a pic from it, Bono looks so pretty!;) :) I thought Angel of Harlem was a very common, if not overplayed video.:confused:

One bar has to be my favorite. It shouldn't be their best because the whole band isn't in it, so about about WTSHNN, because they are on the roof and in action. That's cool.

Lamest, oh there are a few I have in mind. I know some of you love Sweetest Thing but I'm with the person who didn't. It's just so cheesy and lame, and I agree with that person that he was trying to make expressions that just weren't there. He looked like such a geek too LOL. The Village People thing was a bad idea, One buffalo and AIWIY were boring because there were no U2 guys in them and they weren't good enough to stand on their own. Elevation was real cheesy with those fake feet hanging down (remember that part?) but I have to forgive that video because Evil Bono and Evil Edge were so hot!:tongue:

Last edited:
The best U2 videos have to be:
Elevation
Stay
One (bar video)
Mysterious Ways
The Fly
The Sweetest Thing - definately
Numb - I'm addicted to this video!
The Ground Beneath Her Feet
I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For
Even Better Than The Real Thing - no doubt about it

The worst have to be -
I Will Follow. Now In this I have to say I absolutely love the video, and I think its hilarious :lol:
Angel Of Harlem - Some of this is ok though
One - buffalo version

Best: Numb (though it really annoys me when the screen is blank for like 15 seconds!!!), One (Bar and Drag), WGRYWH

Worst: Elevation

Bonofire said:
Haven't you ever seen the One bar video? Your avatar (and mine) is a pic from it, Bono looks so pretty!;) :) I thought Angel of Harlem was a very common, if not overplayed video.:confused:

One bar has to be my favorite. It shouldn't be their best because the whole band isn't in it, so about about WTSHNN, because they are on the roof and in action. That's cool.

Yes, I have seen the version of "One" with Bono in the bar, I forgot to mention that one. And I agree with you on how he looks in there...:drool: :D. I've also seen the buffalo version of "One". I've never seen the drag version, though.

And I was really little when the song "Angel Of Harlem" came out, so the video for it, when that came out, I either never saw it, or if I did, I was too young to remember or even know who it was. Is there any way I can find the video? Or the drag version of "One"?

And duh, how on earth did I manage to forget "Where The Streets Have No Name"?!?! *Smacks forehead* I love that video, too. Man, how I wish I'd been there the day of the shoot for that video...

Originally posted by Bonofire
Lamest, oh there are a few I have in mind. I know some of you love Sweetest Thing but I'm with the person who didn't. It's just so cheesy and lame, and I agree with that person that he was trying to make expressions that just weren't there. He looked like such a geek too LOL. The Village People thing was a bad idea, One buffalo and AIWIY were boring because there were no U2 guys in them and they weren't good enough to stand on their own. Elevation was real cheesy with those fake feet hanging down (remember that part?) but I have to forgive that video because Evil Bono and Evil Edge were so hot!:tongue:

Hmmm...well, it's your opinion...:shrugs:. Personally, I love all those videos, but you've got your reasons, so...:).

Angela

Last edited:
Best Video - EBTTRT

Honorable Mention - Beautiful Day, Mysterious Ways, ISHFWILF, Sweetest Thing, New Year's Day

Lame - Angel of Harlem, One (Buffalo), Stuck (US)

Back
Top Bottom