Best Album Survivor v2

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Please select your FIVE favourite albums

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
What is so difficult to understand? It is filled with stunning songs from top to bottom, some of which also pushed their creative envelope at the time. Unless you feel that if an album was critically panned, it should not be appreciated by fans.

That wasn't the case either. It had glowing reviews at the time. I can remember Rolling Stone, Q etc giving it 4 stars or something. The backlash came later in the USA.

I'm surprised by some of the results here - specifically ATYCLB doing better than Boy, War, or NLOTH, and the fact that HTDAAB is currently polling level with NLOTH.

If you want proof of how significant New Album Syndrome can be, NLOTH came third in 2009, ahead of UF, Zooropa, and Pop. (HTDAAB came in the bottom four.)

Are all rounds going to be 48 hours in this tournament?

I think so. I've been tossing it up. I thought this round should definitely be 48 for a number of reasons (important round so want the most votes, it's on a weekend, the last grand final did pretty well with getting more votes in its second day). Since the forum is a bit less active on a daily basis than it was in 2009, I figure it will be beneficial to run the individual album rounds for 48 hours too, to give people maximum time to see it and participate. Missing one round in this version of the tournament is a much bigger deal than missing one round in the normal version.

I think so. I've been tossing it up. I thought this round should definitely be 48 for a number of reasons (important round so want the most votes, it's on a weekend, the last grand final did pretty well with getting more votes in its second day). Since the forum is a bit less active on a daily basis than it was in 2009, I figure it will be beneficial to run the individual album rounds for 48 hours too, to give people maximum time to see it and participate. Missing one round in this version of the tournament is a much bigger deal than missing one round in the normal version.

Yeah, 48 hours per round sounds best to me for this tournament.

I was even thinking of going to 72 hours, but I don't think that would end up making much of a difference.

It would be interesting to experiment and make a votes versus time graph. The problem is that no one will want to check and record the number of votes once an hour or so.

There was a time when I was considering writing my own website to handle rate the song voting, and it would have had crazy automated analytics tools like that. But then I decided not to.

Well it's been about 24 hours (I think maybe 25 or 26) since I began this poll and we've got 47 voters. Will be interesting to see if we gain much more by the time the poll closes tomorrow.

Well it's been about 24 hours (I think maybe 25 or 26) since I began this poll and we've got 47 voters. Will be interesting to see if we gain much more by the time the poll closes tomorrow.

So, nearly time for the poll to close and we've only picked up an extra six votes since I made the above post. Last chance folks. I'll start out running 48 hour rounds for the albums but if there's little gain in votes we might go back to 24 hours.

Back
Top Bottom