Best Album Survivor: Round IX (Final Round)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Please vote for your LEAST FAVOURITE album

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Axver

Vocal parasite
Please vote for your LEAST FAVOURITE album.

Welcome to the ninth and final round of Best Album Survivor. In this tournament, you vote for your least favourite album, with the most unpopular album eliminated each round until we are left with just one album, the favourite. Thus, elimination is a bad thing. This round will last 24 hours. The last round went predictably and ended early when the mercy rule was invoked. Pop was ousted in a landslide, leaving U2's two most well-known albums to fight to the death.

ELIMINATED
11. October
10. How To Dismantle An Atomic Bomb
=8. All That You Can't Leave Behind
=8. Rattle And Hum
7. War
6. Boy
5. Zooropa
4. The Unforgettable Fire
3. Pop

LAST ROUND'S RESULTS
35 votes: Pop
13: The Joshua Tree
8: Achtung Baby
(Total votes: 56)

My favorite song in the world is on The Joshua Tree. But for albums as a whole I must choose Achtung Baby.

My vote goes to The Joshua Tree.

Achtung Baby is the 1 album even the band seems to be too misty eyed about
the stories/image/tour surrounding the album has somehow become the album for many

for me Joshua Tree is a lot stronger

Time to chop down this beautiful tree.

Achtung is absolutely brilliant, and there are a good majority of days where I think that it is the superior album. However, if I were stuck on an infamous desert island, I think I'd prefer to have JT there with me.

Achtung Baby, easily. The Joshua Tree is their best album. Achtung Baby is their sixth.

If Achtung Baby sounded like the ZooTV Tour, this would be dead even. If only I could hear Edge's guitar on the album.

Doesnt AB always win these things? Didnt we have the same results last time? :sigh:

AB the most complete album, but the power of the first 5 tracks from JT is unrepeatable.

Whilst I know AB will win, I still vote it my least favourite.

Wow, my pc shits the bed and I come back just in time for the final round, only to discover Interference's continued epic phail. Voted for AB, though I know it's a lost cause. To each their own I suppose. The Fly of course is brilliant, along with a few others, but JT is great beginning to end, whereas AB contains a few "must-skips" (TTTYA, I'm looking at you).

But I like AB overall...it's just no JT.

I guess it's obvious who's the winner

Interference let me down with a lot of the results in the those last couple survivors, but at least I can count that AB will always win and it deserves that. :heart:

How it should've gone:

1. The Joshua Tree
2. The Unforgettable Fire
3. War
4. October
5. Boy
6. Achtung Baby
7. Pop
8. Zooropa
9. Rattle & Hum
10. How To Dismantle An Atomic Bomb
11. All That You Can't Leave Behind

2 Points I shall make!

Firstly - SICY, what happened to your cats????:sad:

Secondly - Poeple listing AB as 6th best album are kidding themselves and need to stop dreaming they are in some desert and Bono(with long flowing locks) is goading them towards some silly looking tree....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom