Best Album Survivor: Round III

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Please vote for your LEAST FAVOURITE album

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Axver

Vocal parasite
Please vote for your LEAST FAVOURITE album.

Welcome to the third round of Best Album Survivor. In this tournament, you vote for your least favourite album, with the most unpopular album eliminated each round until we are left with just one album, the favourite. Thus, elimination is a bad thing. This round will last 24 hours. In the closest round of this year's Survivor editions, the last round was almost a three-way tie. As it happened, How To Dismantle An Atomic Bomb was eliminated by a single vote, and has finished a place worse in Best Album Survivor than it did in Worst Album Survivor.

ELIMINATED
11. October
10. How To Dismantle An Atomic Bomb

LAST ROUND'S RESULTS
23 votes: How To Dismantle An Atomic Bomb
22: Rattle And Hum, All That You Can't Leave Behind
11: Boy
8: War, Zooropa
5: Pop
4: The Unforgettable Fire
0: The Joshua Tree, Achtung Baby
(Total votes: 103)

ATYCLB. Shame it just missed out on being eliminated with HTDAAB. That would've been nice.

R&H, but only in a last-ditch effort to save ATYCLB.

Otherwise, it'd be TUF. Aside from the title track, Promenade, and Bad, the rest of the album doesn't do anything for me.

Now, let me tell you somethin'! I'm sick of U2 fans who haven't listened to their early albums in twenty or thirty years ... comin' up to me talkin' about the hit singles, the "biggest band in the world!" And all the Grammy Awards. And all the accolades. FUCK THE ACCOLADES!

Or, yeah, ATYCLB. To quote Bill O'Reilly, "Fucking thing sucks!"

Now, let me tell you somethin'! I'm sick of U2 fans who haven't listened to their early albums in twenty or thirty years ... comin' up to me talkin' about the hit singles, the "biggest band in the world!" And all the Grammy Awards. And all the accolades. FUCK THE ACCOLADES!

they don't talk about the glory of killing for the accolades. :sigh:

they don't talk about the glory of killing for the accolades. :sigh:

Where's the glory in writing terrible songs with lyrics about moles digging in holes, moles digging up your soul, going down in excavation? Where's the glory in that?

:applaud:

cryingeagle.gif

I can't believe atyclb is still in this....once again, I vote for atyclb for the third time. Sheesh.

Quoted for awesome.

That, sir, is a mistake. Boy is fantastic. Ten great tracks and one dull closer. It's one of U2's most complete albums.

I'd say it's ten great tracks and one good b-side used as an interlude between Stories For Boys and A Day Without Me.

Really, the only mistakes U2 made on Boy are the aforementioned b-side inclusion, and the lack of 11 O'clock Tick Tock between TEC and SATT.

That, sir, is a mistake. Boy is fantastic. Ten great tracks and one dull closer. It's one of U2's most complete albums.

While I agree that it's a very good album, it is, like I said before, U2's least good album.

I love that the 2000s haters have ganged up to save R&H from eviction this early. Worst Album Survivor had me worried. And I can't believe that War is already getting votes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom