Best Album Survivor: Round III

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Please vote for your LEAST FAVOURITE album

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Theoretically, this survivor thing should be the worst album survivor in reverse. So it's interesting to see that this is already not the case :)

Yep. Precisely why I'm running it - I wonder just how dramatically different the final outcome will be. I'm betting Pop won't finish as high as it did in Worst Album Survivor. Goes to show the importance of voting criteria.

ATYCLB is a fantastic album. Beautiful day, stuck, elevation, walk on and Kite are stellar songs. The rest of the album is an acquired taste I'll admit but there's still good stuff (Everything except New York in my view).

I'd say it's ten great tracks and one good b-side used as an interlude between Stories For Boys and A Day Without Me.

Really, the only mistakes U2 made on Boy are the aforementioned b-side inclusion, and the lack of 11 O'clock Tick Tock between TEC and SATT.

Never thought about that, but if they'd have included 11 o'clock where you said it would have been one of their best efforts, getting close to TUF in levels of awesomeness, I'd have kept The Ocean in though, I love that song.
ATYCLB has to go.

Never thought about that, but if they'd have included 11 o'clock where you said it would have been one of their best efforts, getting close to TUF in levels of awesomeness, I'd have kept The Ocean in though, I love that song.
ATYCLB has to go.

Yeah, a good studio version of 11OTT would raise Boy even higher in my rankings too, and it's already in the top three!

I like The Ocean, don't get me wrong, but I think either it or SATT should be the closer, and since SATT is the superior song in my view, I'd relegate The Ocean to being a b-side. Ideally, have an 11OTT/The Ocean single. That would be a cool studio representation of one of the early band's most distinctive live segues.

Yeah, a good studio version of 11OTT would raise Boy even higher in my rankings too, and it's already in the top three!

I like The Ocean, don't get me wrong, but I think either it or SATT should be the closer, and since SATT is the superior song in my view, I'd relegate The Ocean to being a b-side. Ideally, have an 11OTT/The Ocean single. That would be a cool studio representation of one of the early band's most distinctive live segues.

That's true, SATT was the perfect closer, I just wish they would play it live again one day....

Yep. Precisely why I'm running it - I wonder just how dramatically different the final outcome will be. I'm betting Pop won't finish as high as it did in Worst Album Survivor. Goes to show the importance of voting criteria.

It's because this time people vote for their album of choice again, last time it was the same, but when the favourites were out people had to divert their choices. So I can understand why it's different.

Now, let me tell you somethin'! I'm sick of U2 fans who haven't listened to their early albums in twenty or thirty years ... comin' up to me talkin' about the hit singles, the "biggest band in the world!" And all the Grammy Awards. And all the accolades. FUCK THE ACCOLADES!

Or, yeah, ATYCLB. To quote Bill O'Reilly, "Fucking thing sucks!"

Get on your boots.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom