Best Album Survivor: Round Eleven

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

What is your least favorite album?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

digitize

ONE love, blood, life
In the last round, Zooropa was utterly trounced, leaving The Joshua Tree and Achtung Baby (surprise, surprise) to battle it out for victory in this Best Album Survivor! Remember, voting is for your least favorite album. This poll will be open for 24 more hours.

Current ranks:
3. Zooropa
4. The Unforgettable Fire
5. Pop
6. Boy
7 (tie). No Line on the Horizon
7 (tie). War
9. Rattle and Hum
10. All That You Can't Leave Behind
11. How to Dismantle an Atomic Bomb
12. Original Soundtracks 1
13. October

I voted AB. JT is a little better, but I can live with AB winning. Both are (and always will be) phenomenal albums:drool:

Voted for JT.

Dark Side of the Moon is the only album I've heard in my 22 years so far that I like more than Achtung Baby.

I love both to death, but Achtung is a knockout from start to finish.

Yeah, heaven forbid that Achtung Baby is actually U2's best album...

That can't possibly be the case though because it was made in the 90's so we are all just in love with the 90's and not Achtung Baby.

I just want to thank Nick for pointing this out and showing us the error of our ways.

AB is going to win as most of you grew up during the 90's. This poll is unfair, because of course TJT is the one and only U2 timeless classic.

Yeah, uhm, we've met. We just don't have that magic that me and AB have. Let's just say there was a lack of chemistry. :sexywink:

Yeah! All Mozart did was switch from operas to instrumental music! And I have it on good authority he NEVER played rock music from Mars!

I don't think that categorizing AB being "Among the most successfull reinvention" from any musical act is over the top,on my part.I didn't say it's the greatest piece of music ever written.Just the fact that the band manage to reinvent themself successfully,musically and sonically,that's all.

But if it was too much,then i'll just say that AB is a better musical reinvention than Justin Bieber's latest album.

TJT. I was looking forward to a fight between zooropa and acthung because I would vote AB in that case. In any case, it is fantastic how well placed is zooropa in this pool :)

the only thing, if anything, that makes R&H - AB a bigger reinvention than War - Unforgettable Fire is that Bono got a haircut early 90s

I think based on this UF should be named the winner of this Survivor

An-ti cli-mac-tic. Clap - Clap Clap-Clap-Clap

You should have tossed these two album from the jump.
The battle for #3 was actually interesting. This is a toss up between Katy Perry's boobs and Scarlet Johansen's boobs. I'll take all of the above.

AB is going to win as most of you grew up during the 90's. This poll is unfair, because of course TJT is the one and only U2 timeless classic.

I grew up in the 80's. TJT was the first U2 album I ever owned (actually it was my brother's cassette I inherited). I adore TJT to pieces. I think it's a masterpiece. It's an all time classic. It is full of incredible work and has U2 on their A+ game, containing both their single best song and best lead single.

All that said, Achtung Baby is the best thing they've ever done. Period.

You should have tossed these two album from the jump.
The battle for #3 was actually interesting. This is a toss up between Katy Perry's boobs and Scarlet Johansen's boobs. I'll take all of the above.

I grew up in the 80's. TJT was the first U2 album I ever owned (actually it was my brother's cassette I inherited). I adore TJT to pieces. I think it's a masterpiece. It's an all time classic. It is full of incredible work and has U2 on their A+ game, containing both their single best song and best lead single.

All that said, Achtung Baby is the best thing they've ever done. Period.

Gimme Katy Perry's boobs.

But I agree with the rest 100%.

Back
Top Bottom