Best Album Survivor: Now With Added NLOTH

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Please select your FIVE favourite albums

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Axver

Vocal parasite
Please vote for your FIVE MOST FAVOURITE ALBUMS.

Welcome to Album Survivor! We ran an edition of this prior to NLOTH's release, and now that it's been out for a few months, it's time to run the game again. Please base your votes exclusively on the studio albums.

This round will last for 24 hours and will be followed by a new Best Song Survivor. In the previous tournament, Where The Streets Have No Name won the last Showdown, defeating With Or Without You in a mercy-ruling. WOWY polled 52 votes to Streets' 29.

The new Best Song Survivor will be a quick tournament, with a single round for each album where you vote for your favourite songs in a multiple choice poll, much like the miscellaneous rounds in the previous edition of Survivor. In this edition, all non-album tracks from a given era will be integrated with their respective albums. The outcome of this Album Survivor will determine seeding; the top five albums will get seven finalists, the middle four will get six; the bottom four will get five. Progression from semi-finals will be determined by the cumulative seeding of an era's albums. Some rounds will be run consecutively so that the tournament is done before the tour begins.

As a comparison, here are the results from last time, back in January (besides NLOTH, Passengers was also absent).

WORST ALBUM SURVIVOR
(Voting criteria: Voting off favourite albums until one, the least favourite, is left.)
1. Achtung Baby
2. The Joshua Tree
3. The Unforgettable Fire
4. Pop
5. Zooropa
6. Boy
7. War
8. All That You Can't Leave Behind
9. How To Dismantle An Atomic Bomb
10. Rattle And Hum
11. October

BEST ALBUM SURVIVOR
(Voting criteria: Voting off least favourite albums until one, the favourite, is left.)
11. October
10. How To Dismantle An Atomic Bomb
=8. All That You Can't Leave Behind
=8. Rattle And Hum
7. War
6. Boy
5. Zooropa
4. The Unforgettable Fire
3. Pop
2. The Joshua Tree
1. Achtung Baby

NLOTH nearly but not quite squeaked into my top five. So the five I want to come out on top is unchanged from January:

1. The Unforgettable Fire
2. The Joshua Tree
3. Passengers
4. Boy
5. October
---
6. No Line On The Horizon
7. Pop
8. Zooropa
9. War
10. Achtung Baby
11. Rattle And Hum
12,000. HTDAAB
13,000,000. ATYCLB

It's really hard for me to choose a top 5. I would have been done by now but NLOTH throws a wrench in because now I want to have a top 6. :grumpy:

Axver I want to hear all those U2 albums in between 11 and 12,000 on your list. :drool: :wink:

Axver I want to hear all those U2 albums in between 11 and 12,000 on your list. :drool: :wink:

Well, see, it's space for all those singles, and once you get through all the good stuff, there are a zillion versions to consider of MW, Lemon, and Discotheque with all those remixes! :wink:

Yeah, I have edited my post... I read it was the least fav album. :wink:

Ah, good. Added some extra emphasis to the original post anyway to try to alleviate any problems from the change of format.

Ok done.

Boy, The Joshua Tree, Achtung Baby, Pop, and No Line On The Horizon (in no particular order... that would just add to the torment.)

Top four were easy for me - AB, Pop, War, and JT. The fifth I had to struggle with...I was considering October, Boy, and UF. I went with NLOTH in the end, based on 1) how well I think it fits together as an album, moreso than the others imo, and 2) how much I absolutely love the last third of it.

Ok done.

Boy, The Joshua Tree, Achtung Baby, Pop, and No Line On The Horizon (in no particular order... that would just add to the torment.)

exactly the same for me, but i'm not afraid to rank them :wink:

pop
achtung baby
boy
joshua tree
no line on the horizon

1. The Joshua Tree
2. Boy
3. Achtung Baby
4. The Unforgettable Fire
5. No Line on the Horizon

Out of topic, but who won the best song survivor showdown between WOWY, WTSHNN and One? I can't find the thread :(

Edit: Oops nevermind. Just read Axver's first post

Out of topic, but who won the best song survivor showdown between WOWY, WTSHNN and One? I can't find the thread :(

Edit: Oops nevermind. Just read Axver's first post

In case you're still wondering about how One fared, it got mercy-ruled out of the first showdown - 37 votes to One, 15 to WOWY, 6 to Streets.

As far as early voting in this round goes, NLOTH is certainly coming on strong, almost polling at the level of JT and Achtung ... reminiscent of how HTDAAB polled extremely strongly here in January 2005, but I suspect NLOTH may actually have staying power.

Disappointed October and Passengers only have three votes each at this stage. I knew they'd do badly, but geez, they deserve much better than this showing.

Stunned ATYCLB is challenging Pop and possibly UF. That rubbish deserves to come dead last, and a possible top five entry would be rather a shame - not to mention quite a change from the January editions of Album Survivor.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom