Besides Miss Sarajevo, what will be stand outs on the Milan DVD?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

The Searcher

The Fly
I think this will first time on dvd, that we will see The Electric Co performed in a stadium...

I think ZOO Station will be a great one, as well as Original Of The Species.

But with the crowd interaction so great, you can't go wrong with any song!

Don't forget first time I still Haven't is on DVD .....

Vertigo Bis is pretty great as well

I feel that everything will be outstanding, no low points. I truely believe it might be possibly the greatest U2 show ever released (yes, better than Sydney, Red Rocks, Slane or any other) Can't wait for the release, also just because I experienced a 2nd leg concert, so Milan DVD will be a great repeat!

what was the set-list that night?
Was WGRYWH played? If so that will be a highlight, it certainly was at Twickenham, London!

All because of you! They played that at the millenium stadium and it was amazing.

Zooropean103 said:
I truely believe it might be possibly the greatest U2 show ever released (yes, better than Sydney, Red Rocks, Slane or any other)

Not.....A....Chance.

There will NEVER be a release that tops Red Rocks or Slane.

WalkOnTheEdge said:

Not.....A....Chance.

There will NEVER be a release that tops Red Rocks or Slane.

:up:
Red rocks was one of the pivotal gigs in u2s career. And the slane castle dvd shows u2 at the height of their fame playing to 'their people' ..so milan cannot possibly top those gigs.

ANY possible 80s DVD (Red Rocks, Loreley, Dortmund, Tempe, Sydney, Hattem, Belfast, New York, Dublin, etc, etc, etc) would put Milan onto shame, really

I was there.
I can assure you, the I Will Follow will blow you away. Amazing performance. New Year's Day was also incredible!

ponkine said:
ANY possible 80s DVD (Red Rocks, Loreley, Dortmund, Tempe, Sydney, Hattem, Belfast, New York, Dublin, etc, etc, etc) would put Milan onto shame, really

what are the chances of us ever getting a live dvd from TUF tour?
That would be the best dvd ever:drool:

partygirlvox said:

:up:
Red rocks was one of the pivotal gigs in u2s career. And the slane castle dvd shows u2 at the height of their fame playing to 'their people' ..so milan cannot possibly top those gigs.

What does that mean? Who's to say that Irish people are bigger U2 fans than others?

When I was at the first Dublin concert last year, all people I met were from Spain, Italy, US, Sweden and so on... I only met on group of Irish people!

Trust me, it will be good, I am also of the opinion that it will beat Slane.

Well I kinda said that once , before Other DVD would be released .....

Milan has the potential of becomin the very best U2 live DVD already released

Slane is great , but in overall the Elevation tour doesn't do a lot for me , Compared to Vertigo

About Red Rocks , though it's a fantastic show , and if it were released with all the songs including An Cat Dubh and Out of Control ..... still is U2 with only their 3 albums , Edge only with 2 guitars ...... Kinda need to say more ......

Besides when the crowd is good , very much alive , nothing tops a Stadium experience.

God Part III said:

What does that mean? Who's to say that Irish people are bigger U2 fans than others?

When I was at the first Dublin concert last year, all people I met were from Spain, Italy, US, Sweden and so on... I only met on group of Irish people!

Trust me, it will be good, I am also of the opinion that it will beat Slane.

I'm not saying the fans are bigger. But there is bound to be more of an atmosphere - these are u2's people, and this is dublins band. Wherever u2 go, the dublin gigs will always be the ones to go to. I'm not saying Milan won't rock (because im sure it will) but it will never ever be slane castle.

Yeah though in these terms , Milan is much more closer to Slane ..... than Red Rocks ...... Italian crowds are much more closer to irish , specially in u2 terms ..... than an american crowd in 83

What's the difference if a great crowd is Irish or Italian? :shrug: Great crowd is a great crowd, no matter what's the nationality. If you're afraid about the atmosphere- just watch this short clip of ISHFWILF on solotoo.com. Don't tell me you don't feel the magic! And Vertigo is a much better tour than Elevation (HTDAAB material works better live than ATYCLB, Bono's voice is a lot stronger and you can't really compare Elevation's setlist to Vertigo's)

And talking about Red Rocks... well, don't kill me, but for me this gig has been always highly overrated :shrug: It's most definitely not THE GREATEST EVER point in U2's live career (important, mayby, but not the best). I mean, it's a good gig, high on raw energy, showing U2 in their early days performing a unique set, but I prefer shows from any other following tour (UF, JT, Love Town, Zoo TV, Popmart, Elevation, Vertigo- especially since Love Town) It's just worse in various aspects than Sydney, Mexico or Slane. It's U2 yet to become what it is now, the greatest live band of all time, definitely not in it's full glory. Ok, now you can shoot me.

An Cat Gav said:

what are the chances of us ever getting a live dvd from TUF tour?
That would be the best dvd ever:drool:

I strongly think the same :drool:

I'm pretty sure they have more UF concerts other than the classic Dortmund 1984, just remember Slane Castle DVD. Before its official release fans only had audience DVD's of the gig !!! :yes:

Anyway, Dortmund 1984 has (IMHO) one of the top 5 best ever versions of New Year's Day, Gloria, "40", Electric Co and arguably the best ever version of MLK :heart:

We still haven't seen Unforgettable Fire and A Sort Of Homecoming, but according to u2exit, the footage of these songs exists :drool:

Zooropean103 said:

No Wild Horses, but you've got the one and only version of OOTS with extra orchestra, Terry (forget his surname) playing on piano and, the most important, Edge playing on guitar!

:hyper: I didn't know that! I just hear about the orchestra. I've constantly said OOTS isn't OOTS without the outstanding guitar work from The Edge, some of his best stuff.

God Part III said:

Relax, no need to get all PC on us. I really don't think he/she meant anything by it other than they were playing at home.

The only filmed half the night of the first Milan show and the whole show of the second, Miss Sarajevo where best on the first night(its the one on the Aboy singel and U2.com cd), so I hope they edit the dvd with the song on the first night.

I don't get why people are so excited about a concert that has almost the same setlist (with a few exceptions) as the Chicago DVD.

Any u2 gig in dublin is always going to be better than any gig anywhere else. Because its their home, and its their people they are playing to. I wasnt saying italian fans are not as big fans as irish ones, its just u2 are irish and the gigs performed to irish fans are naturally going to be better.

BANZAI said:
I don't get why people are so excited about a concert that has almost the same setlist (with a few exceptions) as the Chicago DVD.

Because, comparing these two shows, Chicago one just... sucks. For me, after the release of Milan show, Chicago DVD will be worth returning only for An Cat Dubh/Into The Heart and a brilliant version of Running To Stand Still, that's all.

Chicago doesnt suck. But that arguments for another thread!

Compared to Milan, Sao Paulo or Buenos Aires videos it sucks, sorry. It's not a bad show, but an average one. But it's just my opinion, you don't have to agree with it.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom