Belated Interferencer of the Month (December): sulawesigirl4

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

U2Bama

Rock n' Roll Doggie
In elementary school, middle school, and high school, I always dreaded those "essay contests" that we had to write for every Citizenship Day or whenever the Civitans had some type of Geography Fair. But after I completed my writing assignment, I felt satisfaction not from being finished with it but from the things it had helped me discover about my views and values. In high school, I went all the way to the Regional Social Studies Fair and won an "Honorable Mention" for my research essay on "The Social Impact of Rock Music."

During the Christmas season, sulawesigirl4 offered to share her U2 collection with members of the web-based community known as www.interference.com who were willing to express in poetry, prose or essay what U2 means to them. In return, sulawesigirl4 would reward each of the winners with a custom-made gift from her U2 collection.

It is not so much the physical rewards of this contest that turned out to be meaningful, as it was sulawesigirl4's innovative contest of intereferencer's own self-discovery; I am sure it allowed all of the participants an experience unlike one they would find in school. And sharing the entries with the rest of us allowed all of us to remember why we all like U2 as well, and what we have in common with other U2 fans when it comes to our musical tastes, political views, and even spiritual values.

Sulawesigirl4, the world traveller herself, has also enlightened many of us to the joys, and terrors, of living in far reaches of the earth. While we see war on our news everyday, she shared with us the concerns of minorities in her childhood home of Sulawesi, Indonesia, and inspired many of us to pray and do something about it.

And now we have the opportunity to post topics of spirituality exclusively in "The Goal Is Soul" forum, an innovation of 4ulawesigirl4 herself, and where she can now be found as a "mod."

Congratulations, sulawesigirl4, and sorry for the lateness of this thread.

~U2Alabama

Yes, without a doubt.

But you forgot to mention one of her other fine qualities-how much she loves Edge and Hugh Jackman-and all of the LOTR guys
wink.gif
biggrin.gif

Sula, one of the originals and an awesome babe. You are most right Mr Bamarama.
Sula is not only all those things you said but she is kind, compassionate and truly caring.
She was one of the very first friends I made here at interference and was always an expert resident barperson in chat. The way she could slide a drink.....
biggrin.gif

With out sula, I would not be here!!! Thanks! So glad I met ya, my fellow MN U2 fanatic!!!

If you ask me It's all about Sula!!!
Luv, Ali Rose

I love this girl, she brought my lifelong dream of watching the Simpsons episode with U2 to life and didn't stop there. With it came a bunch of rarities and ZooTV which I had never seen. I am forever indebted to her *bows down to sula*
Luve you lots,
Marina

------------------
Long live the lemon!!!

You know, I really think I deserve this award. How could you forget? I made my triumphant return to Interference last December!

------------------
Look what you did, you little JERK!

Kevin! You're such a disease!

Cheers to Sula--and thanks again for my tape you made me!
smile.gif

------------------
I've been walking Central Park
Singing after dark
People think I'm crazy

you know, i really want to take the spotlight off of everyone else and bring it on to me.

sula, will you give me your award please and tell me that i deserve it?

------------------
-death bear

Sula ROCKS! She's a nice person and I enjoy talking to her!!
wink.gif

------------------
"Rhythm is the sex of music" - Edge

(??.?(?*?.? ?.?*?)?.??)
?.???. *Monica*.???.?
(?.??(?.??* *??.?)??.)

Ummm...yeah, this probably hasn't been said yet...but

SULA ROCKS!!!!

she's made me feel so welcome here and she's such a great spiritual guide to help me! Thanks sula!

------------------
And your earth moves beneath
Your own dream landscape

You can dream, so dream out loud!

"The way to be optimistic is not to shut your eyes and close your ears." -Bono

Create Light, Create Unity, Create Joy, CREATE PEACE!

Cheers for my local Interland friend!!!!

For those of you who only know Sula from the net, I want to let you all know that her sincerity is also found "unplugged" in real life! Despite the fact that I might not show it, I appreciate this new found friend!

Congrats, Sula...you deserve it!

P.S. - Good pick Bama
P.S.S. - Welcome Ali Rose - careful, this stuff gets addictive!

[This message has been edited by zonelistener (edited 01-14-2002).]

Sula is one of the nicest people around here! She's generous, smart, and she is a fellow Edge-gal... she's awesome.

in my short time here i've had a few really cool discussions with sula that i have thoroughly enjoyed.

we are richer for having sula around.

------------------
there are only 2 universal languages: mathematics and love

sorry bout that

[This message has been edited by kobayashi (edited 01-14-2002).]

Back
Top Bottom