belated answer: Stuck acoustic!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

U2girl

Blue Crack Addict
at first i didn't think much of it, but now i like it better with each listening.
someone said it blows the album version out of the water-i don't know:

on one hand, i LOVE the piano/synth and guitar in album version-the sort of gospel atmosphere.

on the other hand, the acoustic version is charming in its own way. the vocals are clearer and Edge is heard better in the "and if the night runs over" part. even though it's stripped down (and edited), it maintains the beauty of the melody (especially the "and you are such a fool" and "i was uncouscious..." part).

i couldn't choose between the two of them, i enjoy them both.

------------------
"touch me, take me to that other place,
teach me, love, i know i'm not a hopeless case" - Beautiful day

"be uncool, yes be awkward" - Always

"and you can find your own way out"-Acrobat

I could. THe acoustic version is a bit too dry for me. There's nothing much happening and you don't get the sense of soul coming through as much as you do on the album. It's not uplifting enough and they could have at least re-sung the vocals. Besides, the band know the album version is better because that's the one they always play live.

------------------
Mock the silence while you can.

I like acoustic numbers but this one just doesn't do anything for me...if feels very much like doing an acoustic song of a previous electric based number for the sake of doing it acoustically...like Misterboo said it doesn't do much, and the original is clearly in the bands mind the strongest version

------------------
I am Colorblind,
coffee black and egg white, Pull me out from inside, I am ready, I am ready, I am ready I am

I actually heard it played on an alternative rock station out here in San Francisco. That was a surprise. I thought it was an even more beautiful song done accoustic. The guitar work was great, very sweet and speaks to the heart. The extra vocals were nice, too.

Back
Top Bottom