Beautiful Words From Paul McCartney About His Last Visit With George Harrison

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Gina Marie

Rock n' Roll Doggie VIP PASS
LONDON (Reuters) - Paul McCartney told on Thursday of his poignant farewell to George Harrison when he laughed, joked and held the hand of his fellow Beatle.

``The best thing for me was seeing him for a couple of hours and laughing and joking and holding his hand,'' he said of their last meeting just two weeks before Harrison's death from cancer at the age of 58.

``Afterwards I realized I'd never, ever held his hand. We'd been to school together and got on buses together and we didn't hold each other's hands,'' McCartney told BBC Radio.

``It was like a compensation. He was rubbing his thumb up and down my hand and it was very nice,'' he added.

After Harrison's death last month, McCartney mourned the passing of the Beatle he fondly called his ``baby brother.''

And on Thursday McCartney took to the BBC airwaves to play a live version of his New York tribute song ``Freedom.''

After his performance on acoustic guitar, McCartney joked: ''That's the worst load of rubbish I've ever heard in my life.''

smile.gif

------------------
Sitting on a cornflake
Waiting for the van to come

Thank you Gina for posting that.
smile.gif
Yeah, I started getting all weepy about him the other day again...it's nice to see some other people in this forum appreciating him and not bashing him!

------------------
Sitting on a cornflake
Waiting for the van to come

Back
Top Bottom