Beautiful Ghost / Introduction to Songs of Experience

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

korczykp

War Child
Hmmm, I've listened to this a million times already, and I love it...

but I JUST noticed it's from the Joshua Tree sessions... I could have SWORN it's more recent than that, it has a huge Zooropa feel to it...

come to think of it, if they could make it flow seamlessly into streets, it'd make quite a chilling opening to TJT

anyway, that's just me having a brain fart, carry on :D

korczykp said:
come to think of it, if they could make it flow seamlessly into streets, it'd make quite a chilling opening to TJT

One member of Interference (sorry, I've forgotten who!) has actually made such a mix and it is INCREDIBLE. I play it all the time. The transition into Streets is absolutely spine-tingling, I love it.

Hot damn thank you for reminding me, I'll dig out the full mix (instead of the short clip I posted) and you can YSI around.

"Beautiful Ghost - Where The Streets Have No Name"
http://tinyurl.com/5um3y

Try to pass it along via new YSI uploads and by e-mail, I will re-upload if there is a lot of interest, enjoy!

[192kb/s MP3 compressed from the mixed WAV, volume matched to The Joshua Tree so you can just play this instead of the regular Streets first track]

Last edited:
I liked this mix better than just Beautiful Ghost on its own.
I liked the MLK-BG-Streets mix too.

"it has a huge Zooropa feel to it..."
yeah I thought so too, so now I want to see the following remix:
Zooropa(intro)-MLK-BG-Streets :D

oh. my. god.

that is quite possibly the coolest thing ever... Canadiens, you absolutely, totally rock :D

WOW - I have never heard this before - It is sending chills down by entire body...incredible! thanks:bow:

Anybody have any insights into how the lyrics / Blake's poem of Beautiful Ghost would reflect and fit into the lyrics and themes of The Joshua Tree album?

Canadiens1160 said:
"Beautiful Ghost - Where The Streets Have No Name"
http://tinyurl.com/5um3y

Try to pass it along via new YSI uploads and by e-mail, I will re-upload if there is a lot of interest, enjoy!

[192kb/s MP3 compressed from the mixed WAV, volume matched to The Joshua Tree so you can just play this instead of the regular Streets first track]

Could you post this again please?

Actually, in a collection of U2 articles put together by NME about two years ago, there's a quote by Bono from halfway through the 92 ZooTV tour where he says that he's just recorded a song called "Introduction to Songs of Experience." This would seem to contradict the JT thing....

Back
Top Bottom