Beautiful Day @ Live8....

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Aardvark747

Blue Crack Addict
I watched their set again last nite, and the performence of this song in particular I thought was amazing. Maybe THE best live rendition i've heard/seen.
Bono's voice didnt seem to falter one bit, and the change of lyrics to suit the day in the middle of the song, just flowed beautifully.

Ok the doves were cheesy, but again - they suited the song well and the crowd seemed to enjoy it!

Best version of BD...:up: :yes:

Are u in the UK? BBC3 seem to be constantly repeating the highlights. If not, i'm sure sum1 will reply giving u a link to somewhere. I'm not sure of one myself tho sorry!

No im not (and thats a good thing today, hope you are doing well over there, i am so sorry about what happened in London!) Im in the US. I saw a short clip of Sgt Pepper on AOL. Thats it.

i missed the "going soul" or whatever shouting that bono usually does at the end. for the rest it was great and the lyrics change was superb.

Aardvark747 said:
I watched their set again last nite, and the performence of this song in particular I thought was amazing. Maybe THE best live rendition i've heard/seen.
Bono's voice didnt seem to falter one bit, and the change of lyrics to suit the day in the middle of the song, just flowed beautifully.

Ok the doves were cheesy, but again - they suited the song well and the crowd seemed to enjoy it!

Best version of BD...:up: :yes:

I agree, I love the live8 version!!!! Vertigo wasn't very good vocalwise but One and the here my comming lord was very good

I still think the best performance of BD was their bit on Saturday night live in 2000. i cant put into words how he does the ending- its just awe inspiring. download the video it if u can.

I think it was the perfect song to catch the mood of the day. The U2 set really set off the event on the right foot. The words changed at the end were really good, except he said Toronto not Barrie.:wink:

Tennis05 said:
I still think the best performance of BD was their bit on Saturday night live in 2000. i cant put into words how he does the ending- its just awe inspiring. download the video it if u can.

"All you need is love"

-The Beatles

Back
Top Bottom